Diagnostic tool only

Humanoid

Reaction score
What diagnostic tool should I get? I need to read/reset codes and log data like fuel trims and such. Everything I am finding includes the cost of a custom tune and I don't need that. My car is stock and plan on keeping it that way if possible.

I currently have P0174 and P0171 lean bank 1 and 2 codes. Next, I am supposed to look at fuel trims to determine weather it is a MAF or vacuum leak problem.
I did a search, perhaps I did not use the correct key words. Thanks

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Get an Bluetooth ELM327 adapter <$20. There are tons of Apps for your phone that will give you the ability to read/reset codes and view live data. You may even get an app with the adapter (most likely a Chinese cracked version, just a heads up). Don't get a WIFI ELM327, most of them won't give you live data without rooting your android phone. But if you do end up with a WIFI, it will read/reset codes.

JJ427R

Reaction score
Just saw a commercial for Autozone, they have a free fix finder diagnostic tool to diagnose your car, have an autozone near you?

groundpounder

forum member
Reaction score
Bluetooth OBD adapter and Torque Pro (Android only). I love this set up and use it on my Mustang, diesel F350, wife's Sentea, and friends' cars to help them out.

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
I second the Elm327 I have one and love it. I use Forscan lite, which is great for a free app. If you have an iphone go for the wifi version, android go with the bluetooth version.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I bought one of those bluetooth things and it was a well reviewed version. Garbage. Won't connect to several different apps. Didn't work in two different vehicles. Or connect to two different phones (both Android).

I am going to buy a wired OBD-II scanner for like $50 to do all the same things.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back