Dilemma!?!?!

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
I think I want a change but need some input on feasibility. I'm currently in the works to trade my car in but as a rough guesstimate the deal may require, after price difference, tax, title, and license, a $10,000 balance.

That means, my car stripped to stock and $10,000 more from me to get into a new 2012 5.0.

I LOVE the '05-09 body style, but I LOVE the new Coyote's potential. If I were to get a 5.0, I'd eventually Procharge or Whipple it and be done. BUT what could be done to my car for $10,000 to get power levels to the 5.0 range? Or should I toss in the towel and trade?

My car has been paid for so title is in hand.

:helpme:

And to those that say "Oh, another should I or shouldn't I thread" STFU! It's Chit Chat and I'm chatting so get lost!:nk:

Brezick

Yinzer
Reaction score
Since its already paid for, aluminator + that whipple or procharger > coyote...

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I thought you were a 5.0 hater D? Are you no longer scared of the #8? Its going to bite you in the ass after all the shit you talked about it....lmao. :beer:

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
I at have a D1 stage 2 kit hitting the market soon if you decide to go that route.

What are you going to do?

BTW, I wanted this Procharger setup at the same time you bought it. Just didn't have the money. lol

Jarrod said:
I thought you were a 5.0 hater D? Are you no longer scared of the #8? Its going to bite you in the ass after all the shit you talked about it....lmao.

LOL!!!!! Nah, I was just poking sticks at the lions! hahaha

The new 5.0's are sweet looking, except the rear end.:yuck: lol

Bullitt3478

forum member
Reaction score
Maybe getting out of the hp game for a while.trying to buy a business so I have to scrape as much money up as possible.I was going to sell the whole car but maybe better to part it out.

joebazan

forum member
Reaction score
Well if your like most of us, everytime you look at your car you think to yourself "Damn thats a sweet lookin ride". I personally have never said that when lookin at a new 5.0 (but w/factory hood scoop they do look good from the front). I would hate to have that regret feeling everytime I looked at my new car. I would S/C what you have now (looks awesome BTW) and still have $4-5k left over in your pocket

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
LOL!!!!! Nah, I was just poking sticks at the lions! hahaha

The new 5.0's are sweet looking, except the rear end.:yuck: lol

Im still not a huge fan of the ass end, but i honestly never think about it until i see someone else on the road. The 5.0's are cool cars. So far no problems with mine at all.

b00stedgt

Reaction score
Aluminator + Whipple would be right around or a little more then the 10k mark. At that point you can make 600 rwhp with a better looking car

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
Look for a deal on a used GT500. You know the score I landed - they're out there for the picking, especially with the new body styles driving down prices.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
LOL sub'd for the future lulz i believe will come of this thread.

and my advice isnt enough......................tear.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Might as well build your block and boost it.
if you aren't in love with the new mustang looks don't go for it.
the looks thing is YOUR WHOLE CAR, a motor is a motor and can be changed.

monk36

forum member
Reaction score
Look for 500s. Sounds like you want to get into something else. 5.0 wouldn't be a bad choice either. Look at bosses in that case.

monk36

forum member
Reaction score
On second thought, when I was in a similar situation I decided to build and up the boost. I decided that factoring in the estimated value of all my parts was a little optimistic the way the economy is(ie :gettin what I ask for) and then there's the chance that some may not sell at all. Then I'd have to get what I wanted for my car as well. All in all I decided there were too many variables in my equation for me to be comfortable so I did what was much more direct and built the motor. That was me but figured it was relevant.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Darren is looking at a really nice 5.0. Im trying to help him stay calm, lol he is in such a hurry. Which i completely understand. The guy we/he are working with is a really good guy and all about getting the best deal. Just be patient.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back