Dimensions from stock crank damper

Reaction score
I have destroyed two front crankshaft seals, the ones that press into the front cover, and I'm trying to find the culprit. Currently running an Innovators West 8 rib damper, 6.5" diameter.

Does someone have an OEM damper lying around and can measure the OD of the damper snout that goes through the seal? The damper I'm using measures 2.008", seems like an awfully tight fit on the seal. Thanks!

Damper.jpg

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
OEM damper
OK, I grabbed the stock damper off the shelf from my 2010 GT 4.6. Measuring like you have shown it is 1.875”. The Innovators West damper you are showing likely has the heavy duty hub for blower use. You can get the correct seal from Innovators West. I am also running an Innovators West damper with the heavy duty hub. The seal came in the box with the damper. Hope this helps.:driver:

Reaction score
OK, I grabbed the stock damper off the shelf from my 2010 GT 4.6. Measuring like you have shown it is 1.875”. The Innovators West damper you are showing likely has the heavy duty hub for blower use. You can get the correct seal from Innovators West. I am also running an Innovators West damper with the heavy duty hub. The seal came in the box with the damper. Hope this helps.:driver:

Well that'll do it! I've been using OEM replacement seals. I'll give them a call today and make sure I get the right one. Thanks!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back