Palanza's 06 GT Teksid Build lets goo

palanza7

forum member
Reaction score
The bigger pump is $209. That will show a HUGE improvement.

With e85 you can technically run a hotter IAT and still be safe. IDK what Lito does for that. Does he raise the IAT threshold for timing? If you do the math on e85 and how much heat it pulls out and still remain very, very safe I calculated (with help) you can run a IAT of 185deg before you need to pull timing. Check out this thread:

http://www.modularfords.com/threads/194918-What-Is-The-In-Cylinder-IAT-Drop-With-e85

Here is the pump:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301868988494?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

Thanks for the info, prob do both the larger pump and the e85 eventually.

palanza7

forum member
Reaction score
On e85 you can probably make 800 to the wheels. That's a stout combo you have.

That would be pretty insane haha.

Have you ever looked into building your own return fuel system? I feel like outside of having to get a gt500 hat that there has to be a HUGE markup on these systems. I mean its just fuel line and wire. A decent regulator and two fuel pumps.. still not seeing how these should cost ~2 grand.

Might try and DIY the thing with direct e85 compatible plumbing.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
That would be pretty insane haha.

Have you ever looked into building your own return fuel system? I feel like outside of having to get a gt500 hat that there has to be a HUGE markup on these systems. I mean its just fuel line and wire. A decent regulator and two fuel pumps.. still not seeing how these should cost ~2 grand.

Might try and DIY the thing with direct e85 compatible plumbing.

You're missing the cost of the billet fuel hat itself. That a big $$$ item. And of course the pumps.

A GT500 fuel pump won't push enough e85 for 800rwhp.

palanza7

forum member
Reaction score
You're missing the cost of the billet fuel hat itself. That a big $$$ item. And of course the pumps.

A GT500 fuel pump won't push enough e85 for 800rwhp.

Okay I found a decent system for 1877.00

Well, say a fuel hat ~400 bucks, and two big pumps @ 170 a pop, so we are at 590$. Regulator, lets say 150-200 - so 790. Fuel rails 200$.. so thats 1,140. So we have 737.00 left for the fuel line and fittings and wire, plus a couple inexpensive relays right?

Am I missing something? Fuel filter and the misc parts can't be 700 dollars lol

Last edited:

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Okay I found a decent system for 1877.00

Well, say a fuel hat ~400 bucks, and two big pumps @ 170 a pop, so we are at 590$. Regulator, lets say 150-200 - so 790. Fuel rails 200$.. so thats 1,140. So we have 737.00 left for the fuel line and fittings and wire, plus a couple inexpensive relays right?

Am I missing something? Fuel filter and the misc parts can't be 700 dollars lol

An e85 capable return system is not inexpensive. The lines/fittings/etc add up fast.

Link to Fore:

http://www.foreinnovations.com/category_s/424.htm

palanza7

forum member
Reaction score
Well guys surprised my first 2012 mustang gt who tried to get after me. Officially made all the hard work worth it lol. Biggest grin for about an hour after. Can't stop thinking about that e85 upgrade lol I keep telling myself no but it's hard to leave well enough alone.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Well guys surprised my first 2012 mustang gt who tried to get after me. Officially made all the hard work worth it lol. Biggest grin for about an hour after. Can't stop thinking about that e85 upgrade lol I keep telling myself no but it's hard to leave well enough alone.

You must have CRUSHED that guy. Your car has got to be pretty damn fast.

palanza7

forum member
Reaction score
You must have CRUSHED that guy. Your car has got to be pretty damn fast.

It seemed like I did lol I still haven't made it to the strip yet, just too busy. I think I'll regret not having an e85 station closer to me if I go down that route. Nearest one is about 30 miles away.. Probably use a quarter tank just getting home after the fill up

palanza7

forum member
Reaction score
Well after snagging a deal on (4) 18x10 bullitt wheels, I'm going to go with 275/40/18's up front and 295/45/18 nt05's in the rear. I found some good year eagles brand new for the front for 100 bucks off local craigslist couldn't pass that up, just ordered the nt05 - looking forward to being able to confidently take a corner again lol

palanza7

forum member
Reaction score
Okay time for some mid fall mods hopefully get them in before parking the mustang for the winter!!

Full fore return setup with dual walbro 405's and bosch 1000cc injectors
BMR LCA, UCA, UCA MT, Pan rod, relo brackets, strange single fronts, vikings in the rear and bmr drag springs!
tossing on a 66mm L&M TB and going back down to my smallest pully once I get it on e85 then to the dyno to let the big dog eat

**pulled my plugs today as well to just take an eye at things after about 2.5k miles on them. One cylinder does look a little hotter than the rest, no obvious signs of detonation but visibly white on the end of the plug compared to all the rest, going to keep an eye on that.

aNT3MGJ.jpg

Last edited:

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
What did that make with the small pulley? 23psi? Man, that sucker is going to stomp out some power!!!! You will surely have the GT450 record and probably the 3v with a 2.3L TVS record too. Are you planning on getting on the dyno?

palanza7

forum member
Reaction score
What did that make with the small pulley? 23psi? Man, that sucker is going to stomp out some power!!!! You will surely have the GT450 record and probably the 3v with a 2.3L TVS record too. Are you planning on getting on the dyno?

Yeah I'm going to try and get it in there before winter comes in. The local place is notorious for having a "tough" dyno so not sure what kinda numbers I'm going to see.. especially since I don't have the 9.8 compression I originally planned on having. I'll be more than happy if I can break into 700 rwhp. I'll probably be calling the car done at that point minus an eventual paint job and some engine bay eye-candy stuff. I'd like to take the car to some car shows local here.

palanza7

forum member
Reaction score
Well got the return fuel system working. Oye am I paranoid right now about burning to death LOL definitely going to be getting myself a in car fire extinguisher. I had a couple little leaks from silly stuff (forgot to tighten down the fuel pressure gauge, etc) I've been driving it with the beatseat still out and the fuel hat exposed to keep an eye for leakage, sometimes i swear i smell gas coming from there but it could be exhaust leaking out of the 3 inch overaxles right around there.

Messing with the fuel system definitely put me in a new world of concern for dying lol

I have the regulator in the driverside fender in an attempt to reduce heat soaking the fuel big time from the engine bay. Kinda concerned about getting in a drivers side collision lol
I'm that inetia switch is still functioning properly. I basically ran a T off of the white wire in the trunk that I had used with my BaP before.

That said, with the L&m 66 throttle body and the big boy CAI (plus some cool night air) I saw 18 lbs @ 6k rpm on the 3 inch pully.

Now going to start the e85 tune and drop back to the 2.65 and see what we get

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back