Dyno Results

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This is a short run. I am on E85. Middle gauge.

dsmith658

forum member
Reaction score
I pointed my tuner to this and he says no its not possible. So I guess I have to dump another. That sucks.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Actually, most 93 w/10% ethanol has a stoich closer to 14.10. If it's exactly E10, it's 14.08. 14.64 is an old number that's thrown around but not really accurate.

That's why I set my fuel parameters to 14.1 for stoichiometric in the tune. My wideband still displays that as around 14.64 though because it's only seeing 1.0 lambda and is programmed to display 1.0 lambda as 14.64.

OP: My wideband shows lambda in pure gas afr. Usually around 14.4 to 14.8 during normal driving and whatever is commanded at wot which is currently 13.0.

When you refer to lambda on your display are you referring to the fuel trims?

dsmith658

forum member
Reaction score
That's why I set my fuel parameters to 14.1 for stoichiometric in the tune. My wideband still displays that as around 14.64 though because it's only seeing 1.0 lambda and is programmed to display 1.0 lambda as 14.64.

OP: My wideband shows lambda in pure gas afr. Usually around 14.4 to 14.8 during normal driving and whatever is commanded at wot which is currently 13.0.

When you refer to lambda on your display are you referring to the fuel trims?
I spoke to my tuner tonight and told him others are setting stoic to 14 and he said that's the exact wrong way to do it. I admit I am not the most knowledgeable guy for tuning but when I see everybody doing it one way and my tuner doing it another it makes me worried.

I am not sure, the parameter I am reading is just called lambda

dsmith658

forum member
Reaction score
I just now learned that Lito doesn't do Coyote's but he did my switch. I picked up 50rwhp and a ton of torque on the low end with just the switch and more timing at only 10psi (470rwhp now). My AFR is around 12ish at WOT. My gauge reads Lambda so my numbers are relative the same as 93. Do you have an AFR gauge installed?

Sorry I missed this. I am using my stock wideband AFR at the moment.

Stephen31201

forum member
Reaction score
Is he tuning from your AFR gauge or using his own in the tail pipe? I cant speak on the stock AFR gauge but I would guess that it reads in Lambda as well. If that is the case then it is running terribly rich which means no power. Mine reads Lambda so it doesn't matter if I run E85 or 93 I still see the gas stoich numbers of 14.6 at idle and 11.8-12ish at WOT on E85 and 12-12.8 on 93. If he is reading on E85 stoich numbers then yes, your max power would be at 8.5ish max power. I prefer using the gas stoich all of the time because I switch to gas during the winter and E85 spring to fall.

dsmith658

forum member
Reaction score
Is he tuning from your AFR gauge or using his own in the tail pipe? I cant speak on the stock AFR gauge but I would guess that it reads in Lambda as well. If that is the case then it is running terribly rich which means no power. Mine reads Lambda so it doesn't matter if I run E85 or 93 I still see the gas stoich numbers of 14.6 at idle and 11.8-12ish at WOT on E85 and 12-12.8 on 93. If he is reading on E85 stoich numbers then yes, your max power would be at 8.5ish max power. I prefer using the gas stoich all of the time because I switch to gas during the winter and E85 spring to fall.

He was tuning using his own sensor

lito

forum member
Reaction score
You cluster AFR value is sensitive to the stoich value used in the tune, he would have used the 9.8ish stoich (that is the way to do it so don't dump anyone) so that is why you gauge is stuck in 10 (because it may not go lower than that by design).

Your lambda at WOT quite sure should be in the .7 to very low .8 range.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I spoke to my tuner tonight and told him others are setting stoic to 14 and he said that's the exact wrong way to do it. I admit I am not the most knowledgeable guy for tuning but when I see everybody doing it one way and my tuner doing it another it makes me worried.

I am not sure, the parameter I am reading is just called lambda

That's not what we are saying at all. Stoich has to be set to the fuel that's being used. E85 has a stoich of 9.86, E10 is 14.1.

What we are saying is that the wideband reads lambda. 1 lambda for E85 would be 9.86 but it would be displayed on most widebands as 14.64 because most wideband gauges are set to display 1 lambda as 14.64 no matter what fuel is being used. In a nutshell wideband manufacturers dumb down the gauges for us Americans who only understand 14.7 afr. It would be much better if they showed lambda. Some can be programmed to display lambda but it's not the norm.

Maybe you are confusing what your tuner is doing and telling you?

dsmith658

forum member
Reaction score
That's not what we are saying at all. Stoich has to be set to the fuel that's being used. E85 has a stoich of 9.86, E10 is 14.1.

What we are saying is that the wideband reads lambda. 1 lambda for E85 would be 9.86 but it would be displayed on most widebands as 14.64 because most wideband gauges are set to display 1 lambda as 14.64 no matter what fuel is being used. In a nutshell wideband manufacturers dumb down the gauges for us Americans who only understand 14.7 afr. It would be much better if they showed lambda. Some can be programmed to display lambda but it's not the norm.

Maybe you are confusing what your tuner is doing and telling you?
It's entirely possible I am getting this confused.

I did a wot pull today and I am seeing 0.79 to 0.81 during wot and 1.0 at idle.

Afr gauge on dash still 10.0 and not moving no matter what the load conditions.

I am not sure what this means other than that's the lambda I should expect to see. I just need to find a way to make sure I am not running lean. I'd rather not buy an aftermarket gauge and others have been able to make it work with the stock gauge.

The ngauge is nice but it's hard to read during the day so I'd never be able to read lambda on that tiny screen during a run.

Speedboosted

Found missing cylinders
Reaction score
So your wideband hasn't moved off the 10.0 reading at all? That shit is broke...but seriously I would bet that it simply isn't working. Bad sensor, bad wiring, bad connection, etc. Hook one up that you know works and see what happens. The values you have from your logs are good, so nothing to worry about.

dsmith658

forum member
Reaction score
So your wideband hasn't moved off the 10.0 reading at all? That shit is broke...but seriously I would bet that it simply isn't working. Bad sensor, bad wiring, bad connection, etc. Hook one up that you know works and see what happens. The values you have from your logs are good, so nothing to worry about.

It definitely works. When I put my 47 lb/hr injectors and run gas it was right where it should be.

I think Lito is right that the stock O2s are dependant on that stoic setting in the tune. That is similar to what my tuner told me as well.

dsmith658

forum member
Reaction score
Just to close the loop on this it seems that the stoic setting in the tune defines how the factory o2 sensors read.

Reading afr on my ngauge which is calculated from lambda is right where I expected it to be. Going back to the tuner to get a few bugs worked out and see if my shorter belt helps the belt slip.

dsmith658

forum member
Reaction score
Just to close the loop on this it seems that the stoic setting in the tune defines how the factory o2 sensors read.

Reading afr on my ngauge which is calculated from lambda is right where I expected it to be. Going back to the tuner to get a few bugs worked out and see if my shorter belt helps the belt slip.

4d35b9a80c55d49da729cf3896d5dffa.jpg

I was not able to get a good run in. 5th gear was just not happening. Revs had to get back down to around idle and I had to pump the clutch pedal to get it in. I know my MPH suffered.

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
Before that even got to that point; the car is so far off to only go 7.8 @ 104 especially with 600+.

Please get your tune checked

dsmith658

forum member
Reaction score
Before that even got to that point; the car is so far off to only go 7.8 @ 104 especially with 600+.

Please get your tune checked
It's spin city in first, second, and third. I am not doing the car justice. Just happy to make it to the big end under throttle with the nose pointed the right way. So the shitty 1/8th doesn't shock me at all.

nola504boy

forum member
Reaction score
Oh my Jesus I wish Lito tuned coyotes. This would have been an easy decision for me. He tuned my 3V turbo, and during the process I was thinking "wow that was easy". Wanna learn on my car lito???

Where did you take it to get tuned?

nola504boy

forum member
Reaction score
I have had a frustrating time trying to get this car tuned in houston. It look me less time to do my motor swap and all my mods than its taken so far to get a tune.

Bring it to Justin at LPF that's all he does is tune 600-1500 hp cars. He built & tuned my cousin twin turbo coyote.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back