Dynoed..Don't know what to think.

08StangGT_CS

forum member
Reaction score
So I had my first Dyno run but I have no clue what to make of it. I'm running the canned KB tune till I can put some headers on it and get it Dyno tuned. Those torque numbers sure look a little dissapointing.

Attachments

• DynoRuns.jpg
    DynoRuns.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 128

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Honestly, that looks about like any other 4~5psi tune....uh... unless you are running more than that. :idea:

08StangGT_CS

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, he kept doing it in third even though I asked him to do it in 4th. I am a Fuktard and don't know why but I knew from reading here that that's how it's supposed to be done. So by how much should my numbers decrease?

travelers

Reaction score
I would have asked him to stop and take my car off the dyno. He doesn't know what he's doing. And speed at the bottom of the graph?

05mustang_TT_charged

Because Race Car!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I also had a shop tune the car in 3rd gear, but when we went for the numbers it was in 4th. the numbers in 3rd gear will be lower (I know it doesn't sound right but it is what it is) because of the multiplacation factor and the dyno's calibration. In 3rd the car was making 400 and 440...put it in 4th for the numbers went to 485 and 505.

OP what kind of dyno was it? Mustang? Dynojet?
Don't flame me if this is incorrect information but this is what I have personally seen on a Mustang Dyno.

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Picture says dynojet. Did you ask the tuner/dyno operator to print you one with RPMs?

Last edited:

srt2stang725

Reaction score
i was always under the impression that dyno pulls should be done in third, unless you have a 6 speed....in fact when I got my neon dynoed it was in third...can someone explain why 4th is better?

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
i was always under the impression that dyno pulls should be done in third, unless you have a 6 speed....in fact when I got my neon dynoed it was in third...can someone explain why 4th is better?
4th is the 1 to 1 gear in these cars.

08StangGT_CS

forum member
Reaction score
Ehh... I won't bother going back to that place. I'll just wait till I get my headers on so I can go to a reputable shop and get a dyno tune.

08StangGT_CS

forum member
Reaction score
I like it. I know that the shifts could be much better though. I hope this can be fixed once I get it tuned up on a dyno but I got to wait a couple of months for that to happen. The crappy thing about it is that the local track was closed the same week that I had the blower installed. Kinda takes some fun out of it since I don't like to race on the streets.

05mustang_TT_charged

Because Race Car!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Why the hell would any shop make the pulls in 3rd?

they were making 3rd gear pulls to minimize the heat build up from a 15 second pull from 2500 rpm to 6500 rpm in 4th gear. It was more like 7-8 seconds to make the pull in 3rd gear. I have seen some shops do it like that and I have seen some make every pull in 4th and heat soak the car.

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
they were making 3rd gear pulls to minimize the heat build up from a 15 second pull from 2500 rpm to 6500 rpm in 4th gear. It was more like 7-8 seconds to make the pull in 3rd gear. I have seen some shops do it like that and I have seen some make every pull in 4th and heat soak the car.

I'll bet you your milk money that they did it because they didn't know how to do it in 4th gear.

05mustang_TT_charged

Because Race Car!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'll bet you your milk money that they did it because they didn't know how to do it in 4th gear.

lol, if it doesn't get stolen in the morning at school....They actually made the numbers pull in 4th gear. The way it was explained to me was they didn't want to heat soak the supercharger that is why it was done in 3rd.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back