E-force supercharger Maintenance

Dennis Thomas

Reaction score
I’ve got an 09 GT with an Edelbrock e-forcesuper, detail and maintenance weekend. My question is, I’m going to clean the throttle body. Will any common cleaner be fine or a particular brand to avoid tarnishing it and such?

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
My suggestion is to use nothing other than CRC throttle body & air intake cleaner. I would not recommend using any type of common cleaner on a throttle body and especially not on mass air flow sensors, as the chemicals can tarnish/damage the coating of the TB and damage the electrical components of the MAF sensor. Meanwhile, here's the link provided below for the CRC throttle body & air intake cleaner.

https://www.crcindustries.com/products/throttle-body-air-intake-cleaner-12-wt-oz-05078.html

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Don't spray the gunk away. Soak a rag/shop towel with your choice of solvent and wipe the gunk clean. That way there is no chance of the cleaner getting into the gears/sensors. And I have been warned never to force the TB open, have someone in the car hold the throttle open, key on engine off. I have done it without ill effects, but, I have been warned it can damage throttle body.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Don't spray the gunk away. Soak a rag/shop towel with your choice of solvent and wipe the gunk clean. That way there is no chance of the cleaner getting into the gears/sensors. And I have been warned never to force the TB open, have someone in the car hold the throttle open, key on engine off. I have done it without ill effects, but, I have been warned it can damage throttle body.

As long as the (TPS) Throttle Position Sensor and (TAM) Throttle Actuator Motor connectors are unplugged from the throttle body prior to opening up the blades by hand? no damage will occur to the throttle body actuator motor during the cleaning process. The attached video link below from Brenspeed provides step by step instructions on how to properly clean the throttle body on all 2005-10 Mustang GT models. At any rate, I've followed the Brenspeed TB cleaning technique for many years and never ran across any negative issues.

You will also need a can of CRC electrical sensor(MAF) cleaner.

Damn! I forgot all about the CRC Mass Air flow Sensor Cleaner.. My bad lol.

https://www.crcindustries.com/products/mass-air-flow-sensor-cleaner-4-5-wt-oz-05610.html

Last edited:

Laga

Reaction score
CRC makes good, reliable and safe products. They also have a intake valve cleaner that you can spray into a running engine past the MAF sensor.
I emailed CRC support, and they said it was safe to spray into the E-force. I'm concerned that the intercooler might be dirty as I ran the SC for a couple of thousand miles without a catch can on the PCV side. I was getting excessive amounts of oil in the catch can once it was installed. My guess that there were some stuck rings causing the blowby was correct because after a couple of piston soaks, the amount of oil in the can was greatly reduced. Ive talked to Edelbrock support, and it`s not possible to get to the intercooler because they are secured in place with RTV. I haven't used it yet, but plan on doing so in the near future. If there is any buildup in there, this stuff might help remove it without any harm.

boostedtrauma

Reaction score
I remove the throttle body, spray it down with CRC TB cleaner, then give it a light scrub with a soft bristle toothbrush while holding the blades open gently, then spray it clean. Let it dry, then reinstall.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back