E85 Engine Build Planning

Brezick

Yinzer
Reaction score
I am meeting with my shop on Monday to go over planning for my engine build that will be taking place over the winter. He has only tuned a few cars for e85, but is able to work with John Lund over the phone on the tune.

I currently use the Kenne Bell 2.6 supercharger, and will start with a 3" puller and 10% OD crank. I am looking to get around 20lbs boost, but I am not sure where it will be. I can probably go lower on the SC pulley if i need/want to. I already got an OK on the crank pulley combo from KB as I would still be below the max 18000 RPM of the SC.

I ultimately wanna be 700+ HP and low 10's (9's may be dreaming but IDK)

Also, once this is done, knowing myself I will want more and probably go for one of the KB Mammoth Liquid Cooled blowers to replace the 2.6.

This is what my original spec that I planned on giving him to go over. I was hoping to get some opinions. I don't like doing things more than once.

Block:
302 Stroker - Final compression TBD, probably around 9.5:1
- Diamond Pistons w/ ceramic coating
- Manley H beam Rods.
- Kellog Forged Stroker Crank
- All ARP hardware
- Melling oil pump w/ billet gears

Top End:
Port & Polish job on current heads
Comp cams 127350 or 127450
New beehive springs & retainers
Phaser limiters
FRPP dual Throttle Body
SCT BA-???? MAF meeter (not sure on which model)

Misc:
80# injectors
Meziere Electric water pump
Moroso Oil Pan
8 Rib Pulley system
IW 10% overdrive crank
BMR K Member
BMR A Arms

Cooling:
Afco Performance Radiator
Afco dual fan heat exchanger
Moroso aluminum radiator reservoir
Moroso GT500 Intercooler reservoir (this should fit where my KB IC tank is)

Fuel and Transmission are my two areas of uncertainty.

Fuel:
I have the GT500 fuel system, but I may be paranoid but I do not want to use a BAP. I am thinking of either the Lethal Performance Triple pump return style system or possible that Jackal system BBR just released. I am sure these are both overkill systems anyway, but I rather go over than under. The E85 is another uncertainty on which system to get.

Transmission:
I am 50/50 of sticking with the 5R55S and the 4R70W. I already have a PI Torque converter and hardened input shaft for the 5R55S, so I was thinking of doing a Level 10 bulletproof 5R55S.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back