Eforce supercharger intercooler problem

07gt450

Reaction score
Upgrade your HE and pump. The 2013 GT500 stuff is plug and play. The pump is $250 with bracket and wiring harness from Ford on eBay right now, and I got my 2013 GT500 HE for $225 as a low mile take off. When you upgrade the pump, you'll want to bypass the degas bottle due to it pushing nearly double the water speed of the Bosch pump.

Johnstone

forum member
Reaction score
Upgrade your HE and pump. The 2013 GT500 stuff is plug and play. The pump is $250 with bracket and wiring harness from Ford on eBay right now, and I got my 2013 GT500 HE for $225 as a low mile take off. When you upgrade the pump, you'll want to bypass the degas bottle due to it pushing nearly double the water speed of the Bosch pump.
I changed the pump. Wirering harness, iat sensor.. i installed a new proper air box for my intake and a 7 bar grille. Tonight i went for a ride and i hit 178 degrees.
The only think left is the actual HE unit.

Also a new problem accured. When i hit 5000rpms i here pinking and a slight sweet smell when i let go of the throttle.. i hope its my water pump and not something serious.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

1950StangJump$

forum member
Reaction score
Could it be the HE is stopped up?

Again, make sure you have no loops in the hose from the reservoir to the pump -- I had air trapped there when mine looped down below the pump.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score

Ok, why does the de-gas bottle have to be removed when the 13/14 GT-500 IC pump used ? The 13/14 GT-500's came with a smallish De-gas. And plenty of 13/14 GT-500 owners have upgraded the oem de-gas to the larger Roush de-gas. What were u seeing when ur de-gas was in the loop..with the 13/14 pump ? Was the water blasting through so fast it cavitated or what ? 8 gpm is only double what u get from a back yard tap. If a small diam hose used, the pressure could increase, increasing the velocity, but with a 3/4" hose used.. or bigger, even that shouldn't be an issue.

The roush 1 gallon de-gas works good, and provides for a bit of extra head room. I estimated perhaps 2 gallons in the loop, and with 4 gpm from the bosch pump, it takes 30 secs to circulate the coolant..once. I never have the blower on for 30 secs, so it recovers pretty quick....at least for my meager setup with M90 blower, and 5.8 psi.

DiMora

More Is Better
Reaction score
I changed the pump. Wirering harness, iat sensor.. i installed a new proper air box for my intake and a 7 bar grille. Tonight i went for a ride and i hit 178 degrees.
The only think left is the actual HE unit.

Also a new problem accured. When i hit 5000rpms i here pinking and a slight sweet smell when i let go of the throttle.. i hope its my water pump and not something serious.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

What was your fix?

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
I suspect the pinking noise and sweet smell was the end of the road.

Last edited:

DiMora

More Is Better
Reaction score
DiMora do you still have a mustang!?!?
Yessir...I just added Steeda 555-5209 frame jacking rails and
Steeda 555-5551 Mustang Frame Rail & Torque Box Braces
last night! I'm also working on intercooling system mods for lower IAT's.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Yessir...I just added Steeda 555-5209 frame jacking rails and
Steeda 555-5551 Mustang Frame Rail & Torque Box Braces
last night! I'm also working on intercooling system mods for lower IAT's.

Did you notice any handling improvements with that combo installed ???

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Could it be the HE is stopped up?

Skwerl had his brand new HE plugged up yrs ago. I believe he fixed it by hooking up a garden hose to the HE in the reverse direction, and out came metallic bits, flying all over the ground. Both ends of the HE were temp disconnected, then the hose was alternated between each end. Appeared to be left over crud from the manufacturing process. Any partial blockage would severely impede flow. 178 deg F is not normal.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back