Epic Turbo Boss Build! Going for low 8s

JPO8GT

forum member
Reaction score
Bud you're cars bad ass! Lol my single turbo build will be revealed but I'm not a grudge racer! Lol I do it for fun! Although $ always gets in the mix drag racing..

Last edited:

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
Will be cool to see what your car does. Way more interesting for people halfway across the country when we get some numbers to drool over.

I've never been one to race for money, that requires having money left over after the build to bet with. I'm broke halfway through my builds, so couldn't bet a dollar by the time I'm done.

JPO8GT

forum member
Reaction score
Bud sounds like me and you are on the same page I do this because I love it! Not for money. This is build #4 for me after 2 PD blower build and a centrifugal build now its TURBO! I've enjoyed the knowledge gained along the way and had fun through all phases..
I'm not rich but the man upstairs has smiled on me enough to make a good living. And mustangs we're always my dream since my fathers 66 fast back when I was a child. So here I am trying to live the dream..

Last edited:

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
at that speed its either a glide start talking about lenco transes and stuff like that.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Glides are awesome, I love mine, ATI with supercase, very strong and only 95 lbs

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
yeah, there is what? a half mile to slow down a car going 169mph with skinny front tires?

first time I had a fast car at the track I learned just how crucial it is to hit that brake pedal the instant you cross the line LOL.

well helloooo there sanbox and net...... I never hit that but I came close first time out with a fast car.

JPO8GT

forum member
Reaction score
If I have parachute I should pass without a cage and keeping all my comfort Right? :)

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
cage and chute are two different things

cage depends on ET

chute depends on speed OR ET whichever you hit first. I think the speed to need a chute reguardless of ET is 135mph.

which means if you run a 12.00 @ 135 you need a chute, even though you don't need a cage.

if you run 11.50 you need a 4 point cage. but if you don't hit 135 you don't need a chute.

and I forget what ET (if any) you need to go before you need a chute regardless of speed.

as far as 'getting away' with anything some tracks are lenient of cars 11.50 and slower. but by time you go fast enough to need a cage even the most lenient tracks expect at least the certification on your cage and belts.

its true newer cars, especially S197 mustangs are built like tanks, but still, the rules are there. A crash at over 100 almost always results in a rollover and the people who make these rules are looking out for your safety.

Last edited:

JPO8GT

forum member
Reaction score
135 mph in quarter ain't shit these days with the effecincy of the newer engines.. I can be running that before an on ramp reaches the interstate!

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
cage and chute are two different things

cage depends on ET

chute depends on speed OR ET whichever you hit first. I think the speed to need a chute reguardless of ET is 135mph.

which means if you run a 12.00 @ 135 you need a chute, even though you don't need a cage.

if you run 11.50 you need a 4 point cage. but if you don't hit 135 you don't need a chute.

and I forget what ET (if any) you need to go before you need a chute regardless of speed.

as far as 'getting away' with anything some tracks are lenient of cars 11.50 and slower. but by time you go fast enough to need a cage even the most lenient tracks expect at least the certification on your cage and belts.

its true newer cars, especially S197 mustangs are built like tanks, but still, the rules are there. A crash at over 100 almost always results in a rollover and the people who make these rules are looking out for your safety.

Nope, chute is 150+mph

ROLL BAR is 11.50 or quicker, but SLOWER then 135mph

ROLL CAGE is 9.99 or quicker (to 8.50 on the basic cage) OR above 135 mph. Quicker then 10.00 (9.99) also requires an NHRA competition license, and in order to get that, you also need a physical.

But as you mention, all tracks seem to enforce this differently, and some not at all.

Last edited:

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
oh sorry, its been a minute since I read the rule book.

I knew I was on the right track though, and that you can't just trade a cage for a chute.

JPO8GT

forum member
Reaction score
I hope mines fast enough to need all this shit! JPC gone have this redneck rolling! Redneck's need safety too!
But this damn red neck wants comfort too! Get me legal keep me comfortable and I will hire you for my faster than 9.99 ride.

Last edited:

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
you can get removable side bars so you can get in and out and removable back bar so you can recline your seat. There are guys that even make the cage so you can still put kids in the back seat.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back