Finally, the new build!

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice! And no airbag deployment!!!

Yeah they said to disconnect the battery or pull fuses but I said screw it and just removed it lol

9s are Better than previous just saying.. ....

So are low 11's just saying lol

I honestly have no clue how this setup will do and I have hardly any seat time, never got a clean pass in before with the 6060, but it was trapping 124-126mph at 12psi in the top of 3rd gear even so. Not bad considering my car with me in it is well over 4,000 lbs. I will be happy with an 11.6 or faster lol

Last edited:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Scary quick. It's been raining prety much non stop since monday morning so no time for spool tests yet. Boost response is instant though as soon as I put my foot in it I register boost and it whines up. This is in any gear at any speed, even my overdrive 5th and 6th gears do it! I only made 4-6psi max in 5th gear before now I easily make full boost and even thogh its a .74 overdrive gear it is quite useful now on the highway. My .50 6th gear was make 1-2psi with cruise control on at 70mph on the highway. If I put my foot in it it will make 3-4psi. Never made any boost before in 6th would just go to zero and sit there.

calispecial08

forum member
Reaction score
Very nice, once I do motor build trying to decide what to go with and turbo is up there for sure just want something that doesn't have a ton of lag

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
That stock crank is getting put to the test! Nice updates to your car, I would imagine there is a stupid amount of power on tap at all times.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well bad news... no track results got all the way there only to have a hard power steering line give up and start puking ps fluid everywhere. More stuff to fix....

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yep...and the vert just won't leave my house...sigh....had to trailer the bitch back from the track!

S197_smokn

forum member
Reaction score
Hey at least you are with your car! I haven't seen mine in 3 weeks! Now there is a hail storm headed right for my place and got the keys with me:( hate workin out of town. Hey jeremey you all do hail repair???? Lol

Fantas

forum member
Reaction score
Scary quick. It's been raining prety much non stop since monday morning so no time for spool tests yet. Boost response is instant though as soon as I put my foot in it I register boost and it whines up. This is in any gear at any speed, even my overdrive 5th and 6th gears do it! I only made 4-6psi max in 5th gear before now I easily make full boost and even thogh its a .74 overdrive gear it is quite useful now on the highway. My .50 6th gear was make 1-2psi with cruise control on at 70mph on the highway. If I put my foot in it it will make 3-4psi. Never made any boost before in 6th would just go to zero and sit there.

My Oilless is taking a bit of time to break in compared to others I think. Spoke with Bobby yesterday about it. I took it out last night and it is finally hitting 19 PSI, but still not making full boost until 4500-5000. However, I am noticing slightly faster spool each time I drive it so we'll see.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Alright here is a good comparision of break-in for the Comp Oil-less setup. Both vids are the car being shutdown from idle and seeing how long it spins.

Dont have the first vid test but the wheel immediately stopped spinning when shutting the car off just after it was installed.

This vid was at around 150-200 miles. It spins for 9-10 seconds.

Took this vid today I have around 500 miles on it now. Spins for 25 seconds.

I'm pretty sure she is fully broken in now but I will do this test again at 1000 miles just to see.

Last edited:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah I will do another vid at 1k miles just to see.

One thing I like too is there is almost zero shaft play compared to the journal bearing setups I have had.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
I can attest to the shaft play. Jeremy I feel like Al's turbo spun for about a minute atleast after he shut it off.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah a standard ball bearing setup will do that using engine oil vice the high temp grease in the oil-less setup but from what Comp said the difference is negligible(not measurable) as far as rotor acceleration/spool goes. Loving this oil-less thing for real though! No longer have that trail of smoke pluming out the back after I get on it!

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Oil and power steering fluid lol. I had an oil drip from one of the relocation lines and then had a power steering hard line get tweeked and puked ps fluid everywhere. Alot of it got soaked into the header wrap on the piping and it burns off when the car gets warm still.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back