Fuck this car.

MikeVistaBlue06

Inventor: Asshole Points
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well that does it for me. I had intended to get mine rebuilt by these folks so I could raise the boost above 8lbs safely. Not now.

You guys at Livernois ought to think about how much money you've lost in new customers versus what it would cost you to fix this person's problem.

I think you guys have royally fucked up, but again, that is just MHO!

Mike

Thereaper

forum member
Reaction score
When I buy a new block and rotating assembly it will be Livernois. They do build good stuff.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
The marks on the cylinder walls are definitely not normal at all. They are the results of the broken and melted pieces of piston stuck between the piston and cylinder wall and traveling back up and down the bore. This is where the vertical grooves came from.

The difference in piston to wall throughout the entire engine was .0004. This was accounting for coating that scuffed off and any damage to the cylinder walls themselves. The normal tolerance is +/- .0001 so after accounting for the wear the .0004 total was not to far off but more importantly it was not enough to cause any damage by itself. When adding the coating difference back in the number goes down to .0002.

So all of those pictures are just of the one piston and bore?

vinnybarber

forum member
Reaction score
when you try to make as much boost as they did on pump gas and not check every thing.

guess what?

it goes boom

so it doesn't matter who built it. it won't hold.

i'll say it again.

baby steps. check plugs on every pull
look for heat on plug. change heat range on plugs

Well that does it for me. I had intended to get mine rebuilt by these folks so I could raise the boost above 8lbs safely. Not now.

You guys at Livernois ought to think about how much money you've lost in new customers versus what it would cost you to fix this person's problem.

Mike

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
when you try to make as much boost as they did on pump gas and not check every thing.

guess what?

it goes boom

so it doesn't matter who built it. it won't hold.

i'll say it again.

baby steps. check plugs on every pull
look for heat on plug. change heat range on plugs

that's excellent advice. That would have saved me 2 motors!

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
Damn i sat down and read this whole thread! Sorry to hear your misfortune Josh. Hope Livernois and your tuner gets everything squared away. That is some serious downtime, and i would be going crazy.

Livernois makes great stuff, i have seen many people running their motors. I just hope you get a good hook up and not lose your ass on this one. This is the reason i have not supercharged my 06 GT.

I could not afford to go through what your going through, i would have to leave the car in my garage with no motor..

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Mike

You cant expect them to warranty it when it was pushed past its limits because of the use of pump gas. Hell next time run it with 87 octane or even better diesel.

18psi needs race gas period.

V8SRGR8

Cunning Linguist
Reaction score
BTW, everyone here is still speculating on what might have happened. Nothing here is cut and dried, and questions still remain.

This failure has cost me over $8000 - that's just pure cash going out, not losses on anything that was sold. I sold the car two days ago for a very average price. I have a $4000 shop bill to pay. I'm shelling out another $1500 to have this motor repaired.

Anyway, I'm done arguing and thinking about this failure and this motor.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
BTW, everyone here is still speculating on what might have happened. Nothing here is cut and dried, and questions still remain.

This failure has cost me over $8000 - that's just pure cash going out, not losses on anything that was sold. I sold the car two days ago for a very average price. I have a $4000 shop bill to pay. I'm shelling out another $1500 to have this motor repaired.

Anyway, I'm done arguing and thinking about this failure and this motor.

Just want to take a minute and say this to you.

I'm Sorry this took place with your Mustang.

My comment does not change anything but just wanted to let you know
there are people out in the World that still have a Heart and don't think
your situation is Funny.

Anyway, hope you still can pull together the money to get your Mustang back on the Street.

Regards,

Terry

Racer X

forum member
Reaction score
Shit. All this over $1700. The motor builder should have ended this months ago, by just saying "nobody is at fault, but we will repair it". Would have not looked so bad to all the people who visit this board. If you want to be the 'big boy boss', sometimes you gotta eat the 'loss'. The internet can make you look like a hero, or a zero. Right now livernois looks like the zero. Guarantee you there are people that read this that would not consider ever doing business with them, just because of the negative comments posted.

What a hit to a reputation all over some measley coin.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Terry... he sold it after returning it to stock. He sold off most of the parts too.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Shit. All this over $1700. The motor builder should have ended this months ago, by just saying "nobody is at fault, but we will repair it". Would have not looked so bad to all the people who visit this board. If you want to be the 'big boy boss', sometimes you gotta eat the 'loss'. The internet can make you look like a hero, or a zero. Right now livernois looks like the zero. Guarantee you there are people that read this that would not consider ever doing business with them, just because of the negative comments posted.

The funny part is everyone is saying it's the pump gas at 18 PSI is the problem. I personally have a friend that I saw first hand put down 700 rwhp and 600+ rwtq on his street tune with a KB Mammoth. Drives it to work every day on 18 PSI and 93 oct...

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The funny part is everyone is saying it's the pump gas at 18 PSI is the problem. I personally have a friend that I saw first hand put down 700 rwhp and 600+ rwtq on his street tune with a KB Mammoth. Drives it to work every day on 18 PSI and 93 oct...

Yep got a good friend running 21 through a kb 93 oct drives it all over and races it at the track

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Yep got a good friend running 21 through a kb 93 oct drives it all over and races it at the track

Who is that? I am missing one I think...

Never mind. I thought you said I do.. That "Yep" was "You"

Last edited:

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Terry... he sold it after returning it to stock. He sold off most of the parts too.

Thanks for the Heads-Up I completely Missed his Post on that.
Man, just a SAD situation I think.
I Hate it for Him or Anyone else.
And I have been there so I can Feel for Him or Others.

Terry

V8SRGR8

Cunning Linguist
Reaction score

I'm not trying to fuck up their rep. If I wanted to do that, I could have posted this on all the big forums like Modfords, SVT Performance, Corral, Stangnet, etc.

NO! YOU GUYS ARE WRONG!

You CAN'T run that much boost on pump gas.

Just ask people on the internet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shades

Reaction score
I'm not trying to fuck up their rep. If I wanted to do that, I could have posted this on all the big forums like Modfords, SVT Performance, Corral, Stangnet, etc.

kinda a :nk: to this forum no?

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
NO! YOU GUYS ARE WRONG!

You CAN'T run that much boost on pump gas.

Just ask people on the internet.

lmao BUT BUT a guy on the internet once told me so so it has to be true , my good ole buddy wes did a good write up on the differences in pump to race gas . I think it is a damn good read if you have the time .

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back