Fuel digital issue

louis

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 2006 Mustnag GT. 37K miles. Runs ok. Recently i have seen the engine light on so i have read on this forum and it is a great one, that i should unplug the battery for couple of seconds and the engine light will disappear and this exactly what happened. After this, i have filled the car with gas and the needle of the gas is showing exactly what it is supposed to but the digital trip keeps on increasing while driving and it never went down as i consume the gas.
I have an OBDII and tried to fix the issue but it shows that all ok.
So guys what seems to be the problem?
Thanks for your advice and help.

sman247

forum member
Reaction score
Are you talking about the miles to empty or the trip meter, cause thats obviously supposed to go up. If you are talking about the miles to empty, it’s inaccurate anyway

06monera96

LeShawno
Reaction score
Could be your wiring harness cough some wire or sending unit is on it's way out.
throw some chevron fuel cleaner in the tank or seafoam.
There were cases with sulfur gum up the sending unit.

louis

Reaction score
Are you talking about the miles to empty or the trip meter, cause thats obviously supposed to go up. If you are talking about the miles to empty, it’s inaccurate anyway
Yes i guess i have to change from trip to mile to empty.

louis

Reaction score
I am having the engine sign from time to time that keeps coming back. I am canceling it by using the OBDII, but the question is why keeps on coming back? The car runs great. Oil is ok etc..

upload_2018-8-9_9-31-6.png

1950StangJump$

forum member
Reaction score
I must have missed it . . . did you give us the code that is being stored before you clear it out?

louis

Reaction score
If i remember it's P0135. For sure next time i will record it.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
If i remember it's P0135. For sure next time i will record it.

Yea, you should read and record any and all codes. Clearing the codes does not fix the problem. If your code is infact P0135, that is an O2 heater circuit issue.

louis

Reaction score
ok here it goes again, i have codes P0135, P0193 and P1000
Do I need to take it to the repair shop? it looks like a rooky question..

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
p0193 is fuel rail pressure high. p1000 is not ready for emissions. The p1000 will clear once the other 2 issues are fixed. So you appear to have an O2 sensor going bad and fuel pressure or fuel pressure sensor issue. Can't say if the two are related.

46addict

Reaction score
Check wiring going to the passenger side front o2 sensor and look for any exposed wires or pinching in the circuit. If that checks out, swap out the sensors from side to side and see if you get a bank 2 heater circuit code (P0155). If the code follows the sensor then you know the sensor is bad.

I'm not sure what the P0193 would be. Maybe start with the fuel rail pressure sensor. When you pull the rubber line hooked up to the sensor side, the inside of the line should be dry with no signs of gas.

louis

Reaction score
Check wiring going to the passenger side front o2 sensor and look for any exposed wires or pinching in the circuit. If that checks out, swap out the sensors from side to side and see if you get a bank 2 heater circuit code (P0155). If the code follows the sensor then you know the sensor is bad.

I'm not sure what the P0193 would be. Maybe start with the fuel rail pressure sensor. When you pull the rubber line hooked up to the sensor side, the inside of the line should be dry with no signs of gas.

Thanks for the info. So is it bad enough that the engine sign shows just for the O2 sensors or is there something else. I just went on eBay and looked for those sensors, now i know what they look like. In all cases i will purchase them from eBay since they are not expensive, but the question will the engine sign goes off because it doesn't look confortable to see it while driving and wondering if anything else is bad.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back