Get CMDP! Stock ones are shi**y!!!

randys06v6

forum member
Reaction score
So I've had a issue for the past 2 weeks. Trying to figure out.

Just sittin at chick fil a one afternoon eating some food idling. All of a sudden the car just shaking vigorously. Shut it off, checked all plugs and what not and nothing.

Turned it back on. Ran fine. About a week later, same thing. But this time it's still running shitty.

Wideband read lean. Passenger side plugs looked bad. Replaced them. Still nothing. New injectors, fuel filter, fuel pump, plugs again, O2 sensors.

NOTHING CHANGED. Replaced all vacuum lines. NOTHING. Finally decided to see if the manifold gaskets were bad.... No.... But the front butterfly was gone. Just vanished. And the other 3 are loose. And 2 are loose on the drivers side. Holy crap!

Piston looks fine and the valves do. I guess the stock butterflies really can't take a beating of 16lbs of boost all the time? Lol.

Lesson of the story. Delete those plates if you decide to do forced induction lol. Those little riveted parts suck.

P-51 Performance

forum member
Reaction score
Just turn your stock into deletes! I did the diy three or four years ago and the stuff i used to plug the holes is still holding up.gl op

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
you could even drill out the rivets and remove the plates altogether and leave the motor and bars intact. then have your tune adjusted

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Nice to know the engine can just eat and digest fairly substantial metal parts.

Wild White Pony

forum member
Reaction score
Do you have stock valve springs? It sure looks like a lot of cylinder gases are making there way past your valves. I'm just thinking an epic fight was happening in your runners.

Last edited:

Saleen4971

forum member
Reaction score
ive been putting off CMDP for a while now.....like, 23k miles......now im terrified.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Shieeettt fuck those stupid little blades, deleted them shits early on power gain or not they gotta go.

NickD87

forum member
Reaction score
This was with 12lbs of boost...
I just put the Ford racing manifold on and I do feel like I lost low end torque mainly do to the lack of these plates. Unless your boosted or spend a lot of time over 4000rpm I feel like they do make the car more fun to drive

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
This was with 12lbs of boost...
I just put the Ford racing manifold on and I do feel like I lost low end torque mainly do to the lack of these plates.

The loss of midrange torque with the Ford Racing intake manifold is due to the shorter length runners shifting the torque band higher up the rpm scale and not due to the absence of charge motion control valves.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back