Going auto soon.

Wicked One

forum member
Reaction score
I searched but couldn't find a write up for this. I am planning on a 4r70 but open to suggestions.
Pros/cons. I am sure Dave is gonna call me a fucktard and list a bunch but he has better search capabilities than me.

What is needed or should I just get a stock auto and build it. I did one manual to auto swap in my 95 and needed to get a stand alone bauamanator for it.

The reason I am changing over is that I hate my mcloud twin disk. It is unforgiving and is all or nothing. Also, it makes a terrible noise at idle and sounds like I have a bad crank bearing.

Thanks.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
I was a stick and swapped to the 4R70W and love it. I suspect you would like a manual valve body since you have been driving a stick and with a manual valve body you don't need a stand alone controller. Now if you want it to shift for you then of course you would.

If you are still going to do a lot of street driving with the car, be sure the trans you go with has overdrive and a lockup converter. If it will be more for racing, then you may want to look into something like a C4 since it will be lighter.

I have no regrets after my switch to the 4R70W from my stick shift at all. I still get to shift the car, don't have to deal with the on/off spec 3+ clutch and leaving off a trans brake is fun as hell.

Brezick

Yinzer
Reaction score
Seems most that run at the track more have been very happy with the switch.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back