Going For 800 Rwhp

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
I can pull the motor and have it torn down in about 6-8 hrs by myself in my garage at this point

where the hell were you at the last 3 times I needed to take mine out..haha

I need your skillz =-/

TurboX

Formally Buzz Lightyear
Reaction score
Billy this sucks and I am sorry to hear, you have a great attitude and I look forward to reading about your return.

I know you said you have a sleeve, I know a guy with a 2010 stock short block who would prob let it go for low price, pm or call me if you need it.

ILW84U

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear. I gave up on mine when I did the same thing last year. Kudos to you for keeping going.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What regulator were you using?
This is the one I have on mine.

Last edited:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

That is a good regulator.

OP--so your regulator has a boost reference port? I would think you could have it tested. OR perhaps its a problem with the boost reference line itself?

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
where the hell were you at the last 3 times I needed to take mine out..haha

I need your skillz =-/

Practice makes perfect. LOL

Billy this sucks and I am sorry to hear, you have a great attitude and I look forward to reading about your return.

I know you said you have a sleeve, I know a guy with a 2010 stock short block who would prob let it go for low price, pm or call me if you need it.

Thanks , but a sleeve is $100 installed and I have used them many times. The are as good as new as far as I concerned.

Sorry to hear. I gave up on mine when I did the same thing last year. Kudos to you for keeping going.

I wont lie, there for a moment there was about to be another BB ford conversion happening here.

I have a Fuelab unit #51501

Damn dude, glad your in good spirits!

What else ya gonna do?

That is a good regulator.

OP--so your regulator has a boost reference port? I would think you could have it tested. OR perhaps its a problem with the boost reference line itself?

Yes it does have a boost reference port. I still need to inspect the lines and fuel setup. As of now my mind has been on buying parts and getting the block back together. Once I have the parts and the piston is at Polydn getting coated, I will dive into the issue. I have not touched the car since I took the block apart and saw the damage.

I think the only reason I am not more pissed right now is becouse the motor needed to come out for the rear plate leak, 127550 cams and springs, and I wanted to inspect the bronze guides to see if I wanted to go back to steel or not after the failures I have been reading about with the bronze guides. I will know more on that tomorrow.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Also for those that order the Manley Billet I-Beam rods. You need a Chevy rod bearing. Part number is Z82020cp and not the 4.6 part number Z87250ch. These are Federal Mogul (Sealed Power) part numbers. FYI

2005wantAB

Reaction score
By the way this is my favorite. Mirror image of the cabinet in front of the car.

photobucket-5242-1331600488079.jpg

Damn thats a pretty hood!!

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Damn thats a pretty hood!!

Lots of pearl in the new paint. It looks awsome!

And to update:

I really wish my piston was as important to the guy that took the order from my machine shop, 1.5 weeks and find out yesterday that they have no record of it!!! Oh well new order with Race Mart done tonight. Should be here Fri or Sat. Then to get coated. Ryan at Polydn said they can turn it out along with the new bearings and the other pistons on that bank in 2-3 days so I am looking at next weekend instead of this weekend to assemble the motor. The block is back in the garage with the new sleeve and I will pick up the heads on Fri. with the new Comp springs installed for the 127550 cams. I had the machine shop go through the heads and check the bronze guides since there seems to have been some issues with them on others cars and they are fine. New seals and springs and they are good to go.

I am still really puzzled as to why this happened in the first place. I for the life of me cannot figure out why the waste gate and fuel regulator never saw the boost. I have all the vac lines running from the bottom of the JPC intake and am thinking maybe there was some sort of stoppage that blocked the lines. I am open to suggestions here.

Last edited:

RiskyBiznes05GT

forum member
Reaction score
I just finished with my f1 build, I hope you dont have a problem with the vacuum lines from bottom port of the jpc manifold because I did the same for my fuel rail pressure sensor and brake booster. The fuel regulator, b.o.v, & boost gauge were done in 1/8 inch plastic line coming from the 1/8 piped hole on drivers front of the manifold. I wanted to use the plastic line with compression fittings to make sure under 25+psi they don't blow off lol When I ran my vacuum lines I was digging through here to see how you did yours. Hope you get the problem cured sir

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I just finished with my f1 build, I hope you dont have a problem with the vacuum lines from bottom port of the jpc manifold because I did the same for my fuel rail pressure sensor and brake booster. The fuel regulator, b.o.v, & boost gauge were done in 1/8 inch plastic line coming from the 1/8 piped hole on drivers front of the manifold. I wanted to use the plastic line with compression fittings to make sure under 25+psi they don't blow off lol When I ran my vacuum lines I was digging through here to see how you did yours. Hope you get the problem cured sir

Not real sure at this point. I will look into the vacuum lines more this weekend. I'm thinking about a braided line from the side of the intake to a vacum block and then rubber hose to each accessory with no tees.

RiskyBiznes05GT

forum member
Reaction score
Yea the braided line was a thought but I wanted to go small and flexible for easy and fast concealment. I thought about doing a vacuum manifold under the intake but I worked it out.... Not near as clean as your engine bay though lol

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Yea the braided line was a thought but I wanted to go small and flexible for easy and fast concealment. I thought about doing a vacuum manifold under the intake but I worked it out.... Not near as clean as your engine bay though lol

I would most likely need to hide the vac manifold, but the area under my intake is almost as full as the pass side dash. LOL I will have to study it some. If there is a line from the side of the intake it will have to be braided. I have a 24" -4 line in the garage and some -4 fittings, so that may be the starting point.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back