Good Cause, Great People, Griggs Racing!

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Damn, I think Scott is gonna have a even harder time peeling the graphics off this time around lol

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
The only thing the car does not have is there SLA front and Watts link....stay tuned for round 2 of suspension mods!

kahmann

forum member
Reaction score
^That's been on my to do list for a long time.. I've had the GR40ST rear setup for a couple years now and it's helped me launch past countless supercars on Thunderhill, Infineon, and Laguna Seca. It's honestly the best suspension available for our cars, by far, and even comes with a lifetime warranty. No one else can touch that.
Looking forward to your round 2!

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
^That's been on my to do list for a long time.. I've had the GR40ST rear setup for a couple years now and it's helped me launch past countless supercars on Thunderhill, Infineon, and Laguna Seca. It's honestly the best suspension available for our cars, by far, and even comes with a lifetime warranty. No one else can touch that.
Looking forward to your round 2!

I agree with you, it literally completely moves the S197 up a level even keeping close to stock power. When we did the Fireball run track day the only cars faster were the exotics. Its amazing at how well the rear is tied down now with the torque arm and severe duty phb. It almost makes the car boring under power now however because it has too much traction!

We are working on hopefully doing a feature with Griggs Racing and one of our members 2011 GT500 SVTPP.

Dreadknought

HOON MONSTER
Reaction score
So I take it the thing to do would be to grab a SS kit over peacemealing parts from different manufacturers? I'm getting a bonus soon and need to have my budget all made up ahead of time...

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
So I take it the thing to do would be to grab a SS kit over peacemealing parts from different manufacturers? I'm getting a bonus soon and need to have my budget all made up ahead of time...

Absolutely we chose the Griggs kit because in my opinion its one of the best. A GR40 SS kit is going to be head and shoulders above 90% of the suspension combos out there. Than you add there SLA front and Watts link and you have a car that will easily lap with much more expensive machinery.

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks Germeezy. I'm hoping this kit will replace the KB that I was gonna get instead on the happiness meter...

The only drawbacks is it makes the car so predictable under power, and provides a lot more traction and grip. So if you like smokey burnouts this may not be the kit for you! The other drawbacks are NVH but surprisingly if you have a loud exhaust anyway its not objectionable.

Dreadknought

HOON MONSTER
Reaction score
I'm getting the double jointed options so hopefully it wont be too bad. And I'm running mid mounted magnapaks behind LTs and off road h so I think I have the exhaust covered. How's the ride quality? I put 200 miles on the car a week so I spend alot of time in it.

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
I'm getting the double jointed options so hopefully it wont be too bad. And I'm running mid mounted magnapaks behind LTs and off road h so I think I have the exhaust covered. How's the ride quality? I put 200 miles on the car a week so I spend alot of time in it.

Its stiffer than stock, but surprisingly its not as noticeable as I thought. It will make noise going up steep driveways and sometimes reversing but the ride quality is fine.

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
On this build we were supported by Brads Custom Auto, and I am very glad they did such an amazing job on the car. But we don't represent or claim to be Brads Custom Auto in any way.

Dreadknought

HOON MONSTER
Reaction score
Got a Q... I was looking at photos of the SS rear end. How in the hell do you run a rear sway bar? I have a set of stranos already and dont feel like paying nearly 500 bucks for the griggs Anti roll bar.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back