Greetings!

1QIKPNY

Thats what she said!!!
Reaction score
Second attempt at my intro, tried the preview and it said I wasn't logged in, wouldn't redirect me and I lost 20 minutes of typing, and really had it laid out nicely. Oh well lets try this again.

Hey y'all, my name is Joseph and I am a 21 yr old college student from Alabama trying to figure out what in the world I'm doing. Anyways I recently became co-owner of a 2008 Performance White GT Convertible automatic. I say co-owner because my parents bought the car and I don't completely get it until I turn 25 or finish college.

And now to my story.

Got a call from my mom a little before lunch today(June 12th), and told me to come out to the front of Childrens Hopsital, where I work. So I go out there and wait for them for about 20 mins. Eventually I see a Performance White convertable with the E-grille and a Cobra emblem, I say to myself thats a pretty nice ride right there. Look up at the window and it has a for sale sticker in the window, look at the driver and passenger and its my parents. All I could say was Holy S**t! Why was my parents driving a mustang? They get out of the car and say "What ya think?" I'm speechless. I finally musture the question Whose is it? They say it could be yours if you like it. Hell yeh I like it. I then took it for a test drive around Birmingham then back to the hospital. We talk a little bit, and they take it back to the dealership(Town and Country). I go back to work, to excited to actually work, but i tried. Heading home from work I give my dad a call, and ask him if they are really doing this or what? He said they are just shopping around right now, and seeing if they can find one at a good price. I tell him well if y'all are really going to buy a mustang I would like to wait and get one completely stock and in Tungsten Grey the color I really wanted. He tells me we will talk about it when they get home and to wait for them at the house. I wait at the house and low and behold my dad pulls in the driveway with the mustang. I can't believe it, mainly they don't do things like this, and owning a Mustang has always been a dream of mine.

Now to the specifics, as I said above it had some things done to it, which at first I thought was just show, but apon closer inspection and reading the paperwork about it it had several performance mods as well.

Performance Mods: Roush CAI, Roush Suspension, Roush lowering kit, Flowmaster exhaust.

Show Mods: Light bar, head light splitters, GT500 wheels, cobra emblems, Eleanor grille, Cobra covered seats, 3D Carbon chin spoiler, GT500 rear spoiler, Tinted Windows.

Mods added by me: Smoked corners, Cobra Power Plug.

Mods in the mail: Smoked third brake light, smoked rear markers, and G2 Red Caliper paint.

And now to the pictures:

Second day, and on our first trip with the car.
MeandStang.jpg

Stang4.jpg

ThroughGlass.jpg

After her first bath(atleast from me).
Picture010.jpg

Picture011.jpg

And as she sits now.
052.jpg

053.jpg

056.jpg

I also drive a '96 Explorer V8 5.0 254,XXX miles on it and still running strong.
truck2.jpg

Sorry for the lengthy post.

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
Very nice ride there man... you better be kissing your parents ass for a long time bc they are the shit!! So the dealship put all emblems and aftermark stuff on there?

1QIKPNY

Thats what she said!!!
Reaction score
Oh yeh they are getting all kinds of props.

Actually the first owner had the dealership install all the mods, he then traded it for an actual GT500.

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
Oh yeh they are getting all kinds of props.

Actually the first owner had the dealership install all the mods, he then traded it for an actual GT500.

I see... well it's a sharp car man... take car of it and it will take care you.

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
Welcome man! Seeing GT500 emblems on a non GT500 is kinda douche-looking but it looks actually looks pretty damn good on your car! :thumb:

you look pretty damn happy with it bro. Have you taken it to the strip yet?

1QIKPNY

Thats what she said!!!
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the welcomes.

Welcome man! Seeing GT500 emblems on a non GT500 is kinda douche-looking but it looks actually looks pretty damn good on your car! :thumb:

you look pretty damn happy with it bro. Have you taken it to the strip yet?

Yes I have been told the same thing on numerous occasion. And personally I never would have put them on the car. The reason for keeping the badges is, I would have to remove the seats and the cobra gas cap and replace all of it with something else, and I don't really wanna dish out the cash to replace some mods that don't really bother me. And honestly whats the difference of putting a GT500 front fascia on a GT? No offense to anyone I think it looks really good, but its the same concept correct?

I am extremely happy with it, its so much fun to drive.

And no not yet, probally gonna what until after I get my tune to take her to the track.

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the welcomes.

Yes I have been told the same thing on numerous occasion. And personally I never would have put them on the car. The reason for keeping the badges is, I would have to remove the seats and the cobra gas cap and replace all of it with something else, and I don't really wanna dish out the cash to replace some mods that don't really bother me. And honestly whats the difference of putting a GT500 front fascia on a GT? No offense to anyone I think it looks really good, but its the same concept correct?

I am extremely happy with it, its so much fun to drive.

And no not yet, probally gonna what until after I get my tune to take her to the track.

Yeah in a way you're right. I see what you mean. like I took off my faux rear gas cap and replaced it with a bullitt one cause i hated the cheap looking plastic chrome look of the OEM one. Oh, and meant to ask earlier, but was that the way the seats were when you bought the car? that looks pretty cool man, I'm pretty jealous. haha.

1QIKPNY

Thats what she said!!!
Reaction score
Yeh they guy had Cobra seat covers installed over them. The other mustang forum I am on said they are the ones from Katskin, though I haven't confirmed. Let me go check that out.

I can't confirm that from their site, so I don't know. All I do know is I like em.

Here's the cobra stitching on the seat.
CobraSeat.jpg

And how I would like it to eventually look.

CS6 hood
CS6Hood.jpg

CS6HoodW.jpg

With the rear like this, except under the spoiler would be white.
RearP.jpg

Thanks to Xeno on TheMustangSource for the chop.

Last edited:

kleistang

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i dont understand why ppl put cobra emblems on something its not. omg i just saw a v6 yesterday with a saleen front bumper. cobra emblems all over, rear gt500 bumper and a cervinis hood.

Welcome.

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
Yeh they guy had Cobra seat covers installed over them. The other mustang forum I am on said they are the ones from Katskin, though I haven't confirmed. Let me go check that out.

i was gonna say, that's what they looked like. If so, those are pretty damn expensive. lol. But nice still.

i dont understand why ppl put cobra emblems on something its not. omg i just saw a v6 yesterday with a saleen front bumper. cobra emblems all over, rear gt500 bumper and a cervinis hood.

Welcome.

Na man, I saw C500 kit on a v6 with NO performance mods. When I asked the guy WTF his problem was spending that much on a body kit that goes nowhere he said he was going to put a TT kit and spray. He was almost identical to the fuck who thought his monster v6 was unbeatable with it's 7 1/2" pistons... :thud: you've seen that right?

Back