GT bumper installation

Discussion in '2005+ Ford Mustang v6 4.0L Tech' started by 2005S197, Mar 19, 2020.

1. 2005S197

2005S197 Junior Member

Good Morning,
    I have a 2005 V6 and I just bought the GT rear bumper skin because I am installing dual exhaust.
    I thought I read on the forums here that I may need additional brackets\mounting hardware to install the GT bumper skin.
    Has anyone here done this that can share their experience\part numbers?
    Thanks,
    Bill

2. Juice

Juice forum member

Should just bolt on. I put a gt500/CS cover on mine, it was a direct fit.

2005S197 likes this.
  3. hobojck

hobojck Junior Member

Your good to go, it's the front bumper that has different brackets.

2005S197 likes this.
  4. Apexmaster35

Apexmaster35 Junior Member

Which exhaust are you installing? Does the 4.0l v6 go from each header down to single pipe

5. TexasBlownV8

TexasBlownV8 Formerly TexasBlownV6

It does, to a y-pipe underneath, out to a single muffler.

The rear GT bumper fits right on in place of the V6 bumper cover.
    FWIW too, you can cut out the driver side to have a cutout for the other muffler; there's a template online for marking that, or can make and use a template pretty easily, too (have done a few using such a template).

6. roddy

roddy Junior Member

I've done this as well...I prefer the clean lines of the V6 bumper. I made my own template by tracing the passenger side cut-out, then turning it over, and using the back side to mark the driver's side for cutting. I used a pair of tin snips to cut it out (slightly undersized), then a beer bottle wrapped in sand paper to smooth it out and finish.

Apexmaster35: I used the Magnaflow X-pipe kit, and a left side extension pipe from a GT. After that, any "GT" axle-back kit will fit.

TexasBlownV8 likes this.
  7. roddy

roddy Junior Member

duplicate post...please delete

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.