GT bumper installation

2005S197

Reaction score
Good Morning,
I have a 2005 V6 and I just bought the GT rear bumper skin because I am installing dual exhaust.
I thought I read on the forums here that I may need additional brackets\mounting hardware to install the GT bumper skin.
Has anyone here done this that can share their experience\part numbers?
Thanks,
Bill

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Should just bolt on. I put a gt500/CS cover on mine, it was a direct fit.

Apexmaster35

Reaction score
Which exhaust are you installing? Does the 4.0l v6 go from each header down to single pipe

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Which exhaust are you installing? Does the 4.0l v6 go from each header down to single pipe
It does, to a y-pipe underneath, out to a single muffler.

The rear GT bumper fits right on in place of the V6 bumper cover.
FWIW too, you can cut out the driver side to have a cutout for the other muffler; there's a template online for marking that, or can make and use a template pretty easily, too (have done a few using such a template).

roddy

Reaction score
FWIW too, you can cut out the driver side to have a cutout for the other muffler; there's a template online for marking that, or can make and use a template pretty easily, too (have done a few using such a template).

I've done this as well...I prefer the clean lines of the V6 bumper. I made my own template by tracing the passenger side cut-out, then turning it over, and using the back side to mark the driver's side for cutting. I used a pair of tin snips to cut it out (slightly undersized), then a beer bottle wrapped in sand paper to smooth it out and finish.

Apexmaster35: I used the Magnaflow X-pipe kit, and a left side extension pipe from a GT. After that, any "GT" axle-back kit will fit.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back