GT500 heat extractor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ampire

3 valve
Reaction score
Anyone ever install one of these on a base GT hood?

I randomly came across this while searching for something completely unrelated. Apparently the plastic extractor is $65 and can be epoxied onto the hood.

Don't crucify me over the "ricer" forum I got this info from but here is the link
http://www.d-series.org/forums/diy-forum/147352-diy-2011-mustang-gt500-heat-extractor-install.html

photos from that forum:
A8olc.jpg

XdTU5.jpg

2CDAL.jpg
AutoClubSpeedway101.jpg
:crazy:

yeah it looks terrible on a civic:puke:, but on a GT hood it might be pretty decent and lower some of the underhood temperatures. For those of you doing budget racing stuff this might be pretty good, I could see using this on a 24 hours of lemons race car or on a budget track-rat.

Last edited:

eddypython

forum member
Reaction score
never ceases to amaze me. Though I don't think I will live to see the day when a honda has the cobras on the fenders. Now that would put the cherry on the cake for me lol

OP there's was a hood for sale for a stock GT with the GT500 heat extractor already installed couple of months back. Do a seach, it may still be for sale. Check both here and on MF.

calispecial08

forum member
Reaction score
I think it would interfere with the scoops already on the 07-09 hood

v8venomgt

forum member
Reaction score
What I'm saying is in place of the oem scoops in the gt500 hood. I wonder if the oem holes are small emough/spaced close enough to cut one hole for a 2010+ extractor and delete the 2 dinky ones.

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score
never ceases to amaze me. Though I don't think I will live to see the day when a honda has the cobras on the fenders. Now that would put the cherry on the cake for me lol

OP there's was a hood for sale for a stock GT with the GT500 heat extractor already installed couple of months back. Do a seach, it may still be for sale. Check both here and on MF.

Well actually on my way to work on Friday, I passed a ford focus with cobra emblems on the sides and the back. With a really ricey body kit on it, I laughed at him when I passed haha. I wanted to be like "That sucker got a five four in it?"

silverhorseGT06

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone ever install one of these on a base GT hood?

I randomly came across this while searching for something completely unrelated. Apparently the plastic extractor is $65 and can be epoxied onto the hood.

I put one in my stock GT hood and two others for a couple of friends! Looks great IMO and I didn't glue it on the hood. With a homemade template and some precise cutting, it drops right into our hood using the lip, clips and stud it is meant to install with. Plus, no rivets necessary.

Attachments

• SHP_7338.jpg
    SHP_7338.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 79
  • SHP_7347.jpg
    SHP_7347.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 81

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
There are a bunch running around, but had no clue the import guys had found them too.

Full_Tilt

forum member
Reaction score
That's not a "ricer" forum. I have over 2000 posts on that forum and the technical discussions there make this place look like a daycare center.
If I recall correctly, I posted in that very thread.

You guys talking about looks are the ones that sound like ricers. The people in that thread were using that heat extractor to improve performance of their purpose built race cars,
Many of which admitted that they didn't like the way it looked.
What's really fucked up is you guts making fun of them when most of you are nowhere near as fast as them.

Last edited:

Ampire

3 valve
Reaction score
That's not a "ricer" forum. I have over 2000 posts on that forum and the technical discussions there make this place look like a daycare center.

You guys talking about looks are the ones that sound like ricers. The people in that thread were using that heat extractor to improve performance of their purpose built race cars,
What's really fucked up is you guts making fun of them when most of you are nowhere near as fast as them.

Hey there really isn't anyone making fun of them on here. I said "ricer" in quotes deliberately because I know the attitude on this forum when it comes to imports. The only direct criticism in this thread was one poster disliking a ford focus (not an import) for having GT500 badges and criticism of how it looked cosmetically on a civic, which it sounds most of us agree on. As for my original posting, I said it looked bad but I also said it would be a great idea for a track rat.

Last edited:

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score

"ricer white knight"

Full_Tilt

forum member
Reaction score
It wasnt you so much as the 2nd and 3rd post

"ricer white knight"
I guess you could say that. Someone needs to defend imports to ignorant fucks like you.

Any car that has potential to be fast is alright in my book. You cant seem to get your head out of your ass enough to realize that not everybody working on imports is trying to emulate the fucking fast and the furious.

Last edited:

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
It wasnt you so much as the 2nd and 3rd post

I guess you could say that. Someone needs to defend imports to ignorant fucks like you.

Any car that has potential to be fast is alright in my book. You cant seem to get your head out of your ass enough to realize that not everybody working on imports is trying to emulate the fucking fast and the furious.

ignorant? far from it actually. i have no problem admitting an import is nice. i also have no problem admitting a good portion of those cars will leave me like im standing still. but when i go to the second page and see the guy has DRYER VENT as an air intake, that just screams rice. go to the third page and look at the black and olive hatch. except for the hood, i like the way that car looks. especially how clean the engine bay is. so before you go talking shit, maybe you should invest in a glass belly button because your head is so far up your ass you need to be able to look out once in a while and see what the rest of us are up to.

Ampire

3 valve
Reaction score
^Gotta say that glass belly button comment was pretty funny^

To be fair, I am amazed how tame responses have been on this forum, I was expecting people to go crazy with the whole "ricer" thing.

edit: also dryer vent intake is pretty much the definition of rice

Full_Tilt

forum member
Reaction score
The dryer vent was temporary.
TmveG.jpg

If you knew shit you would know how difficult it is to get a filter on the inlet of a turbo in one of those cars.

Hes not the fastest guy around or anything but he is not a ricer. Everything in that car is there to make it faster and he actually goes out to the track and races it and tries to get faster and faster, not some hard parking who builds a car to be pretty. He took a 90hp bastard engine that not even the Honda community respects and made over 300hp with a very small investment.
Thats what you call real hot rodding and if you cant respect that then youre a .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back