Guru's I need your help

Mr. Q

forum member
Reaction score
So I was washing my brand new 5 series bimmerthe other day and noticed there were these flat black spots all over the hood. It's a little difficult to see, but I included some pictures. Fits anyone have any idea wth these things are? I couldn't get it to come off with any type of tar/bug removerand I can't really feel these spots by hand. They are smooth....is this a defect from the factory?
Help would be much appreciated, thank you.

905425afd2017406eb599680acdd90f6.jpg

efbb1de2c5b3cb3e90ebd5cc55f87420.jpg

19945edfe1986963f5763ddd1056883b.jpg

79bef7a958f72c993cb4c246272d4c7f.jpg

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
I see hard water spots and some swirls. Not sure what you were talking about though.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
I see hard water spots and some swirls. Not sure what you were talking about though.

That's what I see but maybe I'm wrong.

Q, just get the Mequiars or Mothers clay kit from Walmart. You can buff and Polish with the good stuff afterwards. Worked for me on my brand spankin new paint when I took delivery.

BEAST

CHEROKEE NOOB HUNTER
Reaction score
Also if they won't come off easy, use some cleaning vinegar in the lube/quick detail spray. Shit will knock off hard water spots like no other. You can get cleaning vinegar at any walmart or grocery store on the cleaning isle.

28ONE

Reaction score
They look like water spots, definitely try the clay and lube to remove. If that doesn't work, try CarPro Spotless - Water Spot remover. If that doesn't do the trick, the water spots have etched the clear coat and you will have to polish to remove...

gothamite302

forum member
Reaction score
They look like water spots, definitely try the clay and lube to remove. If that doesn't work, try CarPro Spotless - Water Spot remover. If that doesn't do the trick, the water spots have etched the clear coat and you will have to polish to remove...

Took the words right out of my mind!! CarPro spotless is great if they havent etched the paint yet.

mrperple

forum member
Reaction score

Took the words right out of my mind!! CarPro spotless is great if they havent etched the paint yet.

That's what I was going to say too. lol

Mr. Q

forum member
Reaction score
Damm. ..... didn't know hard water spots can etch paint.
I took delivery two weeks ago and I swear I didn't see anything like these spots. I'll definitely head to Walmart to get a clay kit.
Thanks guys

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back