Help this old fart...

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looks like something Ian Roussel would build. I always end his show with wondering, why. Its your project and if you are having a good time then thats all that matters.

Marty333

Reaction score
Thank you for your comments!
I haven't figured out how to respond to a particular member on here yet so I apologize for that.
Yes the rear end is shorter...IMO it's a little too short and I'm not entirely happy with it. It looks "bobbed" right? Some friends came over and said I could add a custom spoiler on the back and make custom brackets that attached to the tailgate/back and it would help and I'm thinking of making a template to see how it'd look.

Some of you are wondering why I took-on a huge project like this especially with just the V6 in it. It's a long story but in a nutshell I'm retired, kind-of a hermit, no wife/girlfriend and don't have a lot of cash. I've always worked with my hands (cabinet maker).

I bought the 05 Mustang and a bagged mini truck from a young guy a few blocks away for $1,300.00 (800 for the Mustang and 500 for the mini-truck). I drove the mustang home (it was hilarious seeing it go down the road in such a wrecked condition) and towed the engine-less mini-truck home. I was going to put the Mustang V6/tranny in the mini-truck and scrap the wrecked Mustang. At the time I was finishing up my 1 ton dually 4x4 truck project so the latter sat in the back for almost a year. I was done with projects and "needed" something to do in my shop so figured the Mustang already ran and drove, had a good interior and it wouldn't cost a lot of cash to "do what I wanted to it" lol. So far I only have about $2K invested (steel, tires, welding gas and some Pick-a-Part parts. But hey, I'll have the only newer Mustang Truck in the world right? hehe. I just like to learn more skills, keep busy and see what I can do. But to be honest I've been wanting to go camping and fishing!

I'll post some pics of the last street rod I built that took 4 years, and the 1 ton dually project, and the jeep project I did. peace

jlmotox

forum member
Reaction score
Interesting! I want to hate it… but I can’t! Good work, can’t wait to see the final product!

Garrett brittain

Reaction score
This is definitely unique, maybe you could get some sponsors to help you out a more powerful engine in it once it’s done. It would definitely be something that would get a lot of attention at car shows especially if it’s got a nice powerful engine to go with it

Ret

forum member
Reaction score
This is without question the most ambitious, unusual project I've seen on this site. You are a man of great talent. Be sure to mount a camera so you can capture all the strange looks at your truck.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This is without question the most ambitious, unusual project I've seen on this site. You are a man of great talent. Be sure to mount a camera so you can capture all the strange looks at your truck.
you should look back at some of the older projects that have been done here.

Marty333

Reaction score
Wow thank you guys. If I get rich I’d love to put a twin turbo kit in it and have the intakes sticking out of the hood hehe. Here’s some pics of the street rod I built taking 4 years. I built the frame and suspension’s... researched the inboard horizontal coil-overs on-line, made jigs to hold the hubs/spindles, made the A-arms, brackets etc. and made the body (wood mold covered with fiberglass). The top is motorized to go up/down using a power window motor with a screw-drive and the top comes off to make it a roadster. Was a fun project.

Marty333

Reaction score
The firebird prostreet is my roommates. He pulled a 6:08 in the 1/8th mile with the SBC motor...but he’s got over 20k in that motor. Crazy! He’s shooting for high 5’s

Marty333

Reaction score
I have some video's on YouTube of the streetrod build. If anyone wants to watch part of the body build video here's the link...
It's kind of boring...
Another short video of both the street rods I built is:
These are old videos before I added the tunnel ram intake to the BBC and painted it. I made a frame build video but it disappeared off Youtube.

Marty333

Reaction score
Didn't think about wrecked cars, suppose there wasn't any saving it back to original without some serious money and time dumped into it so why not go custom? Though the engine appears to be a 4.0, why do all that work on that platform?
You have a beautiful Mustang...

DieHarder

Reaction score
Amazing, your engineering/fabrication skills go way beyond what most people can do. Nice work.

Marty333

Reaction score
Looks like something Ian Roussel would build. I always end his show with wondering, why. Its your project and if you are having a good time then thats all that matters.
Agreed...one of my worst fears is spending all that time on a project and have it turn out ugly or weird looking. I've seen a few of those over the years...but like you said "Its your project and if you are having a good time then thats all that matters". For me, it's a challenge plus gives me something to do...I guess we all have something that excites us and gives us a reason to get off our butts, mine happens to be building something. Maybe I can/should change mine to "getting that worm on the hook" hehe. <------sounding better and better as I get older! peace

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back