Holy cr@p!!! Second hit and run and two months

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
Noticed my right turn signal blinking faster yesterday after I left work. Go around back, check the lights. All fine. Go around front and I see this.

1230052_10151618686824149_508932616_n.jpg

1235472_10151618686659149_986863433_n.jpg

Black_MagicGT

forum member
Reaction score
I don't know people have to be so inconsiderate of others, stuff like this really pisses me off. Sorry to hear about this, what goes around comes around.

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
....and of course the parking ramp wasn't willing to do anything (no cameras, doesn't want to look at vehicles). I did a quick sweep just a bit ago and think I found the vehicle that might have been parked next to me (not certain) but couldn't see any damage that I could associate with my vehicle so I don't think it was the right one. Going to do a more thorough look at lunch time.

Just pisses me off because if I don't find the vehicle that will be $725 I've had to pay out of my pocket (because of my deductable) to fix other peoples ass-hattery.

06Torch

forum member
Reaction score
Buy a beater!!! People will tear your stuff up without reservation.

Sound advice...

I parked my '06 GT parked waaaay out of the way and some moron still parked right in front of me. I didn't think of looking at my bumper. I got home, came back out to get my cell, and I noticed the bumper's paint was wrinkled. Touched it and it began flaking.

Anyway, OP, I bought an OEM take-off Torch Red bumper from an eBay seller in 2009. It cost me $175 for the bumper and $150 for shipping. I would STRONGLY suggest you offer to pay a little more for better packaging. The only scuff marks on the bumper were the one's the UPS driver might made while in transit. This may be an option for you...

Gerardo

Last edited:

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
Sound advice...

I parked my '06 GT parked waaaay out of the way and some moron still parked right in front of me. I didn't think of looking at my bumper. I got home, came back out to get my cell, and I noticed the bumper's paint was wrinkled. Touched it and it began flaking.

Anyway, OP, I bought an OEM take-off Torch Red bumper from an eBay seller in 2009. It cost me $175 for the bumper and $150 for shipping. I would STRONGLY suggest you offer to pay a little more for better packaging. The only scuff marks on the bumper were the one's the UPS driver might made while in transit. This may be an option for you...

Gerardo

Yeah, I hate that crap when I park in an empty lot and someone still feels a need to park next to me. In this case I had plenty of room on the side and with where I park in this ramp it's next to a support pole so that no one can park next to me on the one side. This, as near as I can tell, is clearly someone not knowing how to back up into a spot or out of a spot.

I do have a slightly damaged GT/CS bumper sitting at home. I'll need to plastic weld a large crack that runs behind the license plate mount and then strip the paint (it's black). I may be able to use that to save some money but will still need a few parts (specifically the valance/plastic piece that goes on the underside).

I just fucking can't have nice things and people are assholes with no morals. There is no way someone hit this without knowing they hit it.

Renesis07

forum member
Reaction score
This really pisses me off. We're all human, we all make mistakes. But man up and own up to it if you screw up someone else's car. Karma is a bitch.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I feel your pain, bro! I have been a victim of the ole' parking lot hit and run more times than I care to remember. Recently, my wife was a victim when someone hit and run her Escape a few months ago. It sucks that people do this and don't even bother to leave a note. Hopefully karma will come back around on these folks...

Buy a beater!!! People will tear your stuff up without reservation.

Darren, some of us actually like to DRIVE our cars! :asshat:

durr4456

forum member
Reaction score
Man I'm sorry that really shows how awful people are. Best of luck. Hope you find them!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
Did a full sweep of the parking ramp during lunch. Couldn't find any obvious candidates. I'll continue to search it on a regular basis and see if I can find something. I think I found the vehicle that was parked next to me yesterday but couldn't find any obvious damage on it. Granted, it was a generic white suv so it might not have been the vehicle or could have been one just like it. They definitely left behind a lot of white paint on my car though.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Are you sure you didn't hit something on the interstate? That doesn't look like any part of a car that hit your bumper. It's very jagged and odd. Is it possible you hit something and just didn't realize it?

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
Are you sure you didn't hit something on the interstate? That doesn't look like any part of a car that hit your bumper. It's very jagged and odd. Is it possible you hit something and just didn't realize it?

Not that I noticed. Looks like white paint scraped along the bumper and light. Coworker and I looked at the damage and where I parked and really think someone backed into the spot next to me at some point and cut it too close. We have people back into spots in the ramp all the time and most of them aren't too good at doing it.

fujifrench2k4

forum member
Reaction score
Same spot I've been hit twice in past year so probably another car damaged it. Now I have a beater to drive. I just had bumper painted too.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back