Hood dzus fasteners?

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
If anyone has installed a hood using dzus fasteners, I'd like to see how you dealt with the fender lip not being flat like MOST normal cars....Thanks

blacks197

Reaction score
I used the Racecraft Dzus rails and trimmed the VFN hood to fit.

Sent from my Mind using the Darkside of the Swartz

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score

Thanks Dave I saw that one a while back. The trunk works great because the lip is flat. I saw he used the rails up front but can't find a pic?

I used the Racecraft Dzus rails and trimmed the VFN hood to fit.

Sent from my Mind using the Darkside of the Swartz

If you guys have a pic of how they lay against the fender lip I'd appreciate it. I have a full set of singles...Looks like not the way to go though..:ugh1:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not the best picture but here is one. If you are looking for something specifically I can take a pic of it.

I went with the rails because I knew the spacing and position of each dzus fastener would be consistent. They are aluminum which can bend and follow the contour of the fender. This picture was taken before I added two additional brakets off of the radiator brackets for the front of the hood.

IntakeNitrous9.jpg

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks Paul, I kind of see the tabs that mount the rails. It looks like a couple still hit that hump in the lip, however if you haven't had an issue with them loosening up yet..Then I'm thinking too hard about it. I don't see the tabs in the pic for the front, they must be post pic.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back