Hooked on Driving events (Midwest/Great Lakes)

GreenTerror

forum member
Reaction score
Stop tempting me, if you allowed verts or if I had time to get around to getting a roll bar installed I'd be all over this.

Reaction score
In spirit of the Question on consistency thread, this video came to mind. While it may be focused on folks that are green to the track day experience and David Ray may blush a little when you bring it up in conversation, there's some good material in there. Yet, it's reasonably well produced. (albeit a hair longer than they probably expected) If you watch Motor Trend videos on YouTube (or professional racing, for that matter), you might recognize Randy Pobst.

On a side note:
While I mainly help with HOD events nowadays, I started this hobby with the Midwestern Council of Sports Car Clubs doing High Speed Autocross. It's a pretty neat format that allows you to compete in your street car on road courses requiring minimal prep compared to say something like NASA TT at a much lower cost. You could show up in your completely stock street car and have some fun and friendly competition. Format is standing start, flying finish just like parking lot autocross, but on a race track. You get (4) 4 lap practice sessions in the morning and then an average of about 5 shots at fastest lap in your class after lunch. (pending if everybody plays nice and doesn't dirty up the track)

They've got an autocross school coming up. It basically shows you the ropes of what goes on at the events with instruction provided for novices. The price has gone up since I've started, so if you are interested in a ton of track time, then this isn't it. But, if you want to dip your toes in the water without having to buy a set of brake pads, then I'd say check it out.

If you want to kick ass and take names, the 3v mustang is a ringer for the Street Mod class. (And if anyone wants to ask advice on car setup or classing suggestions for their car, PM me)

Milwaukee Mile is on the schedule this year. If you're an adrenaline junkie and ever wondered what it's like to have a wall next to your mirror and then dive into a banked turn, this is it. It's a roval setup that's pretty challenging and entertaining. But be warned: I've never seen more cars go home on a flatbed in my life. Hence, why I think it's been off the schedule for a few years.

You can register online for their events at myautoevents.com or even just look any driving event in your area.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Weather has still been terrible 'round these parts and I think it's keeping people from getting their cars ready to come out and play. I know I've still got a laundry list to do this weekend.

In order to help get people in gear, Eric has dropped pricing down to $250 for this coming Monday's event! Come out and test drive or go for a ride in the new HOD demonstrator 2014 C7 Stingray Corvette ON TRACK! Meet the Chevrolet product representatives on site and see the corvettes on display.
To reward the drivers that have already registered for May 5th, HOD will provide a $100 gift certificate in their driver packet. Give the gift certificate to a friend or save at a future event.

Register HERE

Eric will also be running his new Stingray at MCSCC's HSAX event this Saturday at Autobahn. Come by and say hi.

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
THAT is one HELL of a deal!! Seriously, guys, it's time to flush the brake fluid, top off the gas and get out on track. The weather has FINALLY turned the corner! Monday is looking like a high of around 60*F, partly cloudy, very little chance of rain. That cool air means MOAR POWAH, and trust me, come July, when it's pushing 130* inside the car, you'll WISH you had these temps!

Reaction score
Customers responded well to our "Half day" event so we are looking into opening more options to customers with our next event. Our next event will be at Autobahn doing full track with the options of Full weekend, full day Saturday or Sunday, and half day on Saturday. Online registration closes for Saturday's event at 8pm Thursday evening, but onsite registration will be available at the track. (Would be a good idea to email/call ahead of time to make sure slots are available for your run group.)

• July 12th & 13th: Full Weekend Autobahn Country Club in Joliet, IL -Only $499/Driver!
• July 12th: SATURDAY on track from 12pmto 8:30pm Autobahn Country Club in Joliet, IL- South and Full track- Only $345.00/Driver!
July 12th: EVENING ONLY, On track from 5:30pm to 8:30pm Autobahn Country Club in Joliet, IL Full track- Only $125/Driver!
• July 13th: SUNDAY on track from 8:30am to 5:00pm, Autobahn Country Club in Joliet, IL- South track- Only $325.00/Driver!
• Aug 11th: Monday Road America in Elkhart Lake, WI (Monday after TUDOR race weekend)
• October 6th: Monday Autobahn Country Club in Joliet, IL - Full Track

Register HERE and don't forget 25% off your first event with coupon code HOD25. Protip: Use this coupon code for the half day event and get on track for less than $100 bucks!

speedform

Reaction score
Next weekend we will be helping out the Mustang Club of America with their track day weekend at Gingerman. $375 for the full weekend!
http://www.hookedondriving.com/even...ingerman_-_Saturday_AND_Sunday_Registration_!

Ahh, fun! I was there a few weeks ago with Porsche Club of America. Always a good day when your lapping a field of sports cars with stick axle technology. That is until I blew out both rear axle seals and pinion seal. :thud:
Great track to learn on for those who've never been. Not much to hit out there.

Reaction score
I know what you're thinking. "These events sound awesome and all, but how about you give more than a weeks' notice before the next event?"

Fine. Hell, how about 2 weeks notice this time?

Gingerman Sept 20-21 $375 Full weekend LINK
We have been combining our intermediate and advanced groups in the afternoon to create 40 minute plus sessions. I dare you to run all your sessions, look me straight in the eyes and say, "That wasn't enough track time".

Last weekend turned out spectacular. To recap, we had reps from Ford, Shelby, and vendors come out to the Mustang Club of America's Gingerman event. 80% chance of thunderstorms turned a lot of people off for the car show, but the weather ended up being perfect. Sunny and breezy all day. Stop trusting the weathermen.

While I'm here, I'll take the opportunity to post up some pics from this season (that's quickly coming to an end).

Gingerman with MCA

nfqwpi.jpg

Yup. That's a 2015 in there.
2dlkm0g.jpg

2sacj75.jpg

The photos tell no lies. This car is freaking big.

MRT fiestas

euk6tk.jpg

1znn3ub.jpg

Autobahn
msc87q.jpg

One of our regulars. Nice Gentleman who works for Roush. Lot's of cool prototype bits on his car.

Road America Weekend *Not participants, but notable mentions

2lnvmt5.jpg

29w0sqq.jpg

2zp82tk.jpg

Anyone recognize this car from an Optima event?

igzwp2.jpg

because..well..Ferrari.

Some of you may or may not know that HOD has partnered with GM. Well here's the stablemate to the HOD Mustang. It's a custom ordered z51 package that was taken delivery at the factory and driven home. We've let some people take it out for a spin and demo ride it this season and it's a helluva car. It really sets the bar for performance cars these days.

2me5pw3.jpg

See you at the track!

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back