Hot Rod Cams with no Tune...

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
If it's not money related order the tuner today. As far as I know there aren't any used tuners floating around here for cheap and Lito isn't an SCT dealer so he doesn't sell tuners preloaded.
Buy the tuner from American Muscle with the Hot Rod Cam tune set up for you car. Install it with the cams at the same time. Drive it until Lito can send u a tune. Done.

darrens07gt

forum member
Reaction score
If you buy a tuner from Brenspeed they will give you the tune for all your mods, including the cams, free of charge. Actually they give you three tunes for whatever gas options are available in your area. I got a tune for 87, 89 and 93. It'll be cheaper then a dyno tune and you will own a more modern tuner so you can add updated tunes down the road, read and clear any engine codes and a whole lot more. Then you can load the tune as soon as the cams are installed and be good to go.

If you're intent on installing the cams and driving the car to a dyno then I would baby it all the way there.

CJ-

forum member
Reaction score
Good info, thanks guy. I got good news from my tuner and they will supply me with a free tune for my Hot Rod cams, however if i want a little more power from the cams, they do recommend getting it dyno'd & tuned by an authorize Diablosport capable shop... which i believe is the case with any plug in play handheld tuner. So Ill have a tune available, crisis averted!

oh and RocketcarX, my reason for saying my data logging from my DiabloSport tuner isnt that great, its because Lito told me that. Lito mentioned that there are somethings that the Diablo Predator does not log.

CJ-

forum member
Reaction score
thanks guys, i have a tune on the way, ill have a tune ready for the Hot Rod cams before they even arrive.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Another option is to buy the SCT X3 / X4 from VMP...with the new tune(S) pre-loaded. Then it's all just plug + play. The SCT gets it's power from the OBD port. I don't know of any tuners who use the diablosport. They all appear to be using the X3 / X4. At least with a X3 /X4, any tuner can help you out.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back