How do I make 400whp in an 06 GT?

AHaze

Reaction score
Thinking about this. Strikes me a bit funny. Even though it’s below zero and the roads are covered with snow and ice I can throw studded tires on my Mustang and safely drive to town and back. Studs on all four corners and I can play sloppy-slide a little bit for fun. There are a couple Teslas in town. They are frozen in place or sleeping in a garage because they don’t go in the cold. There are no Mach E or electric pickups running around here either.
Don't go in the cold? There's a significant number of EVs on the road around here and we get a stint of minus 40° nearly every winter. Night time lows in the minus 30°s are downright common. Yet inevitably, there they are still beside me in traffic. Admittedly, they need to be plugged in to keep the battery conditioner going if they're parked outside in that weather but my ICE cars aren't real happy without the block heater plugged in either. My kid's band teacher and a couple of my coworkers have Teslas and have never missed a day because their car wouldn't fire up.
I'm no EV fan boy and I don't buy the narrative that they're the solution to all our problems but why make up reasons to hate them when so many legitimate reasons exist?

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
they are still beside me in traffic.
That is not the case here in Fairbanks. The only EV I see on a semi regular basis is one SMART car. Seen it around the supermarkets several times. There are several other EVs in town but you won’t find them in traffic today. I guise I just assumed the don’t like the cold. My bad!

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
Since you're on the subject of EVs and the thread title is how to make 400rwhp, here's a dyno graph of a Tesla swapped 2007 GT nicknamed the Testang (should have been Muskstang IMO) that put down 400rwhp & 340rwtq. It ran the 1/4 mile in 11.78 @ 117.28.

Tesla Swap.jpg

07 Boss

Reaction score
You would require 625 hp at the crank to get 500rwhp with any 5r55s. That's way beyond the safe limit for the stock block. Stock 5r55s just explode with 500 rwhp. I have yet to see any stock 5r55s that will hold 500rwhp.

I used to run just under 500 rwhp (487) and I am on my third 5r tranny. I have since backed the timing off a few degrees and think I'm right around the 460-465 rwhp mark (just a guess). But basically with the mileage on my car I don't want it to blow up quite yet. Been running over 100K miles with just under 12 psi of boost.

Back