If you could start all over again with your Mustang ... what would you change?

Sonicblue_s197

forum member
Reaction score
There's a couple things I would have done different.

1. An F1c or went turbo
2. An auto
3. Higher compression ( mabe 11.5:1)

TheTeacher

forum member
Reaction score
Blower first mod, its my #1 advice to anyone who gets a virgin car and is thinking of mods.

achamb7

Reaction score
Bought my car with everything it has on it, but I would like wider wheels/tires in the rear; wish the PO never put that stupid a$$ push bar on the front; and would like to have the nav/heated seats.

Renesis07

forum member
Reaction score
Kept it stock and paid it off by now. Versus having 2 years left to pay and a 315whp car...

Other than that, very happy with my modifications thus far. I do have some remorse from selling my supercharger, still wish I kept it and installed it. See above for reasoning lol.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
^ makes me sad...
It's fine at the race track when you can cool it down between attempts but on the street the heat soak sucks. Centri systems seem to suffer less and during the summer here in 80-90 degree temps that is a high priority. I didn't know what I was doing when I bought the kb. At least I got a good deal on it used.

GoneFord

forum member
Reaction score
It's fine at the race track when you can cool it down between attempts but on the street the heat soak sucks. Centri systems seem to suffer less and during the summer here in 80-90 degree temps that is a high priority. I didn't know what I was doing when I bought the kb. At least I got a good deal on it used.

So it's not so much disappointment with the KB specifically but twin-screw superchargers over the alternative centrifugals... For me the instant torque is amazing and I guess the "heat soak" isn't as big an issue.

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
If I could go back now I would honestly just bought a z06 or gt500..but thats me..

from my S4 in your sisters bed

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
So it's not so much disappointment with the KB specifically but twin-screw superchargers over the alternative centrifugals... For me the instant torque is amazing and I guess the "heat soak" isn't as big an issue.
It's both. The KB 2.6 is just the worst of all of them for the heat soak issue. Drive it 10-15 miles on a hot summer day and it may as well not be on the car because intake temps get that out of control unless you throw money at it to upgrade the system. With a centri that would be significantly less of an issue.

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
But you'd have to modify it too. It's a disease - acknowledging that is the first step...

And that is the pure truth... Sad when you find yourself browsing eBay for something to buy for the stang with the $15 dollar balance in your PayPal account....

GoneFord

forum member
Reaction score
It's both. The KB 2.6 is just the worst of all of them for the heat soak issue. Drive it 10-15 miles on a hot summer day and it may as well not be on the car because intake temps get that out of control unless you throw money at it to upgrade the system. With a centri that would be significantly less of an issue.

Interesting. When I first put mine on a dyno for a custom tune the baseline KB tune turned 434 rwhp after arriving at the tuner following a 2 hour drive to get there with 97.92 degree ambient temperature and 27% humidity. The only cool-down was the few minutes it took for him to strap it in place and hook up the O2 sensor.

1 Alibi 2

If not today, when ??????
Reaction score
Would have skipped the FRPP 750hp kit, gone right to a Whipple 3.4 with a mono-blade T/B.
1 7/8" long tubes instead of 1 3/4".
3.90 or 3.73 gears
105 lb injectors
Only Liquid Glass on the paint.

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
I'm honestly pretty happy with mine. I haven't done much mod wise as I want to pay it off (less than two years left!). Once it's paid off I will either buy a blower or an airplane. That one is still up in the air.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back