Installing a paxton novi 2200.

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
If you have this kit, you should buy the following, preferably before the install.

- Stepless clamp pliers or flat faced wire snips. I used my FF snips, works like a charm
- slim fit fan
- T bolts
- JPC/Gizmo5 designed reservoir tank
- TiAL Valve, use stock location with greddy adapter or JPCs elbow kit
- Catch can setup or breathers. I prefer a catch can breather setup, plumbed out of boost
- Case of beer

chon

Must install Paxton soon!
Reaction score
Make it an extra case of beer in case ;) I bought 3 total, one for each night and a last case to enjoy this Sunday for a job complete.!

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
Make it an extra case of beer in case ;) I bought 3 total, one for each night and a last case to enjoy this Sunday for a job complete.!

Lol, damn dude. You must have been toasty. :)

Sent from your moms room...

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
I was :) who makes a slim fan for these cars?

Everyone lol. Any slim fit fan will work. Get a 14" slim fan, universal fit. Wire it in using stock sensor, pos/neg, and you're done. I did one on a friends car a few weeks ago.

5PointOHNO

forum member
Reaction score
Having Jon Lund tune it. gonna send him the first set of logs monday. Sticking with stock pulley and having him do a safe DD tune. Will do a motor before I decide to pulley down.

No need to do a motor to pulley down. The new beefcake torque special sounds good though!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Kimura

!> /\/\
Reaction score
If you have this kit, you should buy the following, preferably before the install.

- Stepless clamp pliers or flat faced wire snips. I used my FF snips, works like a charm
- slim fit fan
- T bolts
- JPC/Gizmo5 designed reservoir tank
- TiAL Valve, use stock location with greddy adapter or JPCs elbow kit
- Catch can setup or breathers. I prefer a catch can breather setup, plumbed out of boost
- Case of beer

Why do you suggest the fan?

DSargent09

Get iT!
Reaction score
I'm sure for ease of install. The fan is a bitch and with the small one you probably won't have to hack it up.

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
Why do you suggest the fan?

Ease of install yes, time 10,000, but also for future hands on stuff. It pays dividends in space and usability with this kit. The OEM fan is basically an asshole during install and every time afterwards when you want to get in front of the engine and what not.

When I had mine and when we put one on a friends, it was silly how much space you got from it.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Yep, Maximum Velocity is down the street from me and are Lund supported :)

I wouldn't let them touch my car. Do yourself a favor and stick with working with Lund remotely if you aren't already doing that.

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
So you guys that went with a smaller fan; any certain one that you suggest that might be able to cool even better than factory?

I happened to have a little accident and might have lost my fan since my radiator and fan have been pushed back.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
I wouldn't let them touch my car. Do yourself a favor and stick with working with Lund remotely if you aren't already doing that.

Why? Tim does really good work.

Thanks for the heads up wbt. Got a story about it?

Don't listen to his bullshit. I usually agree with him but I've been to MaxV plenty of times. Sure, they may charge a little bit more than most but Tim knows what he is doing. He does great work. I mean, Tracy(the owner) must be doing something right to have a stock suspension, KB Mammoth equipped Boss 302 go 207 MPH in the Texas Mile...

chon

Reaction score
Thanks to this thread, I was able to hook up the BAP with no issues. I hate dealing with wiring haha.

Can anyone give some information on how to hook up a mechanical boost gauge? I got the Roush unit, and have no idea how to find out what wires to tap into.

chon

Reaction score
Why? Tim does really good work.

Don't listen to his bullshit. I usually agree with him but I've been to MaxV plenty of times. Sure, they may charge a little bit more than most but Tim knows what he is doing. He does great work. I mean, Tracy(the owner) must be doing something right to have a stock suspension, KB Mammoth equipped Boss 302 go 207 MPH in the Texas Mile...

I've met Tracy a few times at the local meets. Her Boss is so sick.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back