Installing a paxton novi 2200.

onebadgsx

Reaction score
just use impact on it, off the car will work just fine.

but the cap being on still means it should be the 3.8 pulley still. once the cap comes off it doesnt go back on

fiveoh

forum member
Reaction score
just use impact on it, off the car will work just fine.

but the cap being on still means it should be the 3.8 pulley still. once the cap comes off it doesnt go back on

Ah good to know, I'll double check before I pull it. I was told it was the 3.6. Maybe it came with the 3.6 on there?

fiveoh

forum member
Reaction score
Is it a Paxton or vortech?

Paxton... I thought with the tuner kits, you could get it with a 3.6. I could be wrong though. I'll measure when I get home.

let me get that 3.6 lol

I plan on throwing it back on later. :)

Edit: Just measure its definitely the 3.6 and still has the cap.

Last edited:

bullittrevor

forum member
Reaction score
tusasemu.jpg

Thanks to everybody for the help. Another paxton 5.0 in the books. Coolant tank leaked almost immediately, figures lol... Hope changing it out isn't too much of a pita. Wanted to start data logging today but I guess that will have to wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

konablue11gt

forum member
Reaction score
tusasemu.jpg

Thanks to everybody for the help. Another paxton 5.0 in the books. Coolant tank leaked almost immediately, figures lol... Hope changing it out isn't too much of a pita. Wanted to start data logging today but I guess that will have to wait.

Go with the JPC tank...best one in the bunch

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
I went with the 05-10 moroso tank and have zero complaints; leak free and a little cheaper.

bullittrevor

forum member
Reaction score
Go with the JPC tank...best one in the bunch

I went with the 05-10 moroso tank and have zero complaints; leak free and a little cheaper.

Thanks for the recommendations! I can't tell for certain if coolant got blown around by the fan while it was dripping from the tank or if the upper radiator hose is leaking at the 90 degree bend, but it appears to be the hose as a little coolant is on the bottom of the by pass valve assembly and on a few of the bracket spacers. Talk about a buzz kill. All other connections seem to be perfect.

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
That's why we check everything before going out and beating on the car. We had forgot to tighten my water pump pulley back during my install haha

Don't let the little stuff get you down, you'll get it soon!

DTL

forum member
Reaction score
Slight direction change:

What's the smallest pulley, on an 8-rib setup, that can be used before you start running into belt-slip issues? I'm trying to figure out if I can get where I want to go without an OD balancer.

D

Deleted member 162826

The stock tank does not leak. Mine is fine. It's the connection and how tight you make it. User error.. I've confirmed this a few times. The supplied crimp type clamp is not going to cut it. I had a few leaks after I thought everything was tight. I had to retighten every worm clamp a lot..then on the lower main output on the tank add 2 worm clamps that you don't use from the oem lines. Mine had a steady pour (not drip) with just the supplied fitting.. I added one worm clamp and it was a slow drip. Added the 2nd and it's been and will be leak free. I just saved you a good chunk of money.. You're welcome :) lol

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
The stock tank does not leak. Mine is fine. It's the connection and how tight you make it. User error.. I've confirmed this a few times. The supplied crimp type clamp is not going to cut it. I had a few leaks after I thought everything was tight. I had to retighten every worm clamp a lot..then on the lower main output on the tank add 2 worm clamps that you don't use from the oem lines. Mine had a steady pour (not drip) with just the supplied fitting.. I added one worm clamp and it was a slow drip. Added the 2nd and it's been and will be leak free. I just saved you a good chunk of money.. You're welcome :) lol

So the stock tanks that leaked at the seams, or started to leak months after install because they couldn't stand the heat were user error? :horseshit:

Should've said YOUR stock tank didn't leak. Yet.

konablue11gt

forum member
Reaction score

My stock tank swelled and cracked at the seam....thank you I just saved you an overheat

bullittrevor

forum member
Reaction score

User error? Your solution to the problem was to add more clamps than the directions state..not exactly a "user error". The new tank is already on it's way to me. Even if I added clamps I would still be uneasy about whether or not the tank was gonna warp eventually, I'd rather have the piece of mind and spend $150 on a new tank. Anyways can't wait to get started data logging and see what kind of power it makes

CMK720

forum member
Reaction score
Just bought my Paxton from Beef! Now just waiting for the boxes to show up! :clap:

fiveoh

forum member
Reaction score
Just bought my Paxton from Beef! Now just waiting for the boxes to show up! :clap:

Congrats man! I'm still looking at mine on the floor. Hope to put it on in 2 weeks.

What pulley are you going to run? Stock air box?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back