Issue with rear windows on convertible

Discussion in '2011+ Ford Mustang V6 3.7L Tech' started by mist82, Oct 30, 2019.

1. mist82

mist82 Junior Member

I have a strange issue with rear windows. When I bring the top down, windows roll down automatically, no issue.

When I bring the roof up and lock it in, rear windows won't go up. No issues with front

When I click the switch up for rears I can't hear the "click" when motor gets the power, most of the time. After enough times pulling on the switch it will engage and bring the windows up, but this is happening less and less.

Checked both fuses for both windows, they are good. Though it was the switch, replaced with new one, same thing.

I know motor for Windows works as it goes down easily when top is engaged.

Any ideas?

Sent from my PCT-L29 using Tapatalk

2. Jim RN

Jim RN Junior Member

Having basically the same issue with my 2011.

3. JimC

JimC Senior Member

When the top is down will the windows go up?

4. nawagner

nawagner forum member

Find a wiring diagram. There is a top position switch that may have dirty contacts or is going bad. I just don't remember if that switch is in the window circuit for the rear windows.

5. 86GT351

86GT351 forum member

Behind the RH rear kick panel there is a convertible top ajar switch. Check it for good contact. Common issue. Not a good connection and windows malfunction.

Bullitt2954 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.