JPC single turbo kit vs Hellion twin kit (2013 GT)

JPC Single vs Hellion Twin turbo kit

• JPC single

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Hellion twins

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
I've been back and forth over which power adder to choose for my 2013 GT. I was even tempted to try, for the first time, a positive displacement blower. I really, really liked everything about the Edelbrock kit, but I'm at 7300ft in Peyton, CO. They said they could sell me a pulley to add the 4-5psi I typically lose at this altitude, but they said it would completely void my warranty. Fine, I get that... I'm spinning the blower harder, putting more strain on the crank and engine components, etc.

It was then that I said "what was I thinking", and went back to looking at turbos.

I originally thought I wanted a twin turbo kit, just like in my 05 Mustang (was considering the Hellion kit)... but then I saw JPC single turbo kit. I've always hated the exhaust routing issues with a single down pipe compared to a twin setup where the headers are essentially reversed (I actually think Hellion reuses stock headers) and the straight down pipe going straight back to the exhaust. However, it looks like things still need to be relocated (at least the PCM). I'd rather not mess with that, so I'm now leaning towards the JPC... as I've read their fitment is excellent.

So I'd like to see who's used either of them, what they liked/loved and what they hated, etc. Also, what made them choose their kit over the other... including other brands/FI types they may have considered.

Thanks!

Mr. Q

forum member
Reaction score
i've been looking at turbo's for a while. might I suggest also looking into EDP? beefcake has them on his website.

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
i've been looking at turbo's for a while. might I suggest also looking into EDP? beefcake has them on his website.
Found the EDP page. Not sure what is good about their kit, or any better than the JPC. Any reason why you are considering that over others?

CPR single.
Who is CPR? I can only find a Facebook page. If that's how they do business, then it doesn't sound like a company I'd do business with. Any reason why, or just "CPR".

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
Hearing more good stuff about the CPM kit. Does it have v-bands like the EDP and JPC kits do?

Also, I didn't realize CPR was our the guy from our forum. :thumb:
Facebook seller comment retracted.

Last edited:

Mr. Q

forum member
Reaction score
I'm considering edp because of budget. I cannot justify spending over $7k for forced induction, and I prefer turbo because of efficiency. of all that I've looked at, Armageddon, CPR, EDP, JPC, On3, Hellion, etc, I found EDP to have components that are pretty decent quality while maintaining a reasonable price point.

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
I'm considering edp because of budget. I cannot justify spending over $7k for forced induction, and I prefer turbo because of efficiency. of all that I've looked at, Armageddon, CPR, EDP, JPC, On3, Hellion, etc, I found EDP to have components that are pretty decent quality while maintaining a reasonable price point.
I would rather spend a little more and get the better kit.

How much is the CPR kit?

Mr. Q

forum member
Reaction score
what makes one system better than the other?
from my research, the CPR system comes with extra parts that will make install a little more difficult. EDP's parts are great quality (from reviews) as are JPC and CPR.
I believe the prices are:
EDP $6k
CPR $7.3k
JPC $6.8k
Hellion $7.5k

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Found the EDP page. Not sure what is good about their kit, or any better than the JPC. Any reason why you are considering that over others?

Who is CPR? I can only find a Facebook page. If that's how they do business, then it doesn't sound like a company I'd do business with. Any reason why, or just "CPR".

Hearing more good stuff about the CPM kit. Does it have v-bands like the EDP and JPC kits do?

Also, I didn't realize CPR was our the guy from our forum. :thumb:
Facebook seller comment retracted.

I am a satisfied customer.

He killed his website because it kept getting hacked.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well, your endorsement is definitely a good one. What about v-bands and such. Did you do a build thread?

That sucks. Maybe I can help him out, since I'm an IT/Information Security at the top of the career chain.

He sold me my Garrett turbo for a kit I already had. Was very knowledgeable and help me select the right turbo for my HP goals.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
CPR, end thread.

Call him and he will give you all the info you ever wanted.

blownGTvert

forum member
Reaction score
CPR or EDP would be my choice for a single. The EDP is very similar to the JPC as it uses the stock tubular manifolds. The CPR comes with a tubular K member. Keep in mind all of the 3 single kits mentioned above require injectors, BAP, and tuning on top of the kit price. So once you factor the single price + fuel upgrades, your close to the complete Hellion Twin kit.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
EDP had a LOT of issues with back pressure.....you get a lot of bang for the back/custom stuff from CPR.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dustin's downpipe violates the coyote engine bay fabric of space/time.

Brezick

Yinzer
Reaction score
JPC/CPR single both have show to perform extremely well.

I bought the Hellion TT kit about 2 years ago. Install was pretty easy - we did it on jack stands and swapped the k-member at the same time. It does come with its own headers, but as you mentioned, they are basically just reversed, with a Y pipe going to the waste gate. The hellion kit has three mani modifications for fitment. None were groundbreaking. PCM is moved to their provided backet, fuse box gets moved to the side a little, and a new power cable is provided for the Fuse Box > battery because of the move.

Either way, I am sure the bigger singles were going to be more efficient, but the top power wasnt really a goal. I can still break 1000rwhp on 19lbs boost, keep the 6r80, and drive to and from work just fine. The look of the twins up top is really why I settled on the Hellion kit.
10410979_10207361439623554_440808969915963544_n.jpg

blownGTvert

forum member
Reaction score
JPC/CPR single both have show to perform extremely well.

I bought the Hellion TT kit about 2 years ago. Install was pretty easy - we did it on jack stands and swapped the k-member at the same time. It does come with its own headers, but as you mentioned, they are basically just reversed, with a Y pipe going to the waste gate. The hellion kit has three mani modifications for fitment. None were groundbreaking. PCM is moved to their provided backet, fuse box gets moved to the side a little, and a new power cable is provided for the Fuse Box > battery because of the move.

Either way, I am sure the bigger singles were going to be more efficient, but the top power wasnt really a goal. I can still break 1000rwhp on 19lbs boost, keep the 6r80, and drive to and from work just fine. The look of the twins up top is really why I settled on the Hellion kit.
10410979_10207361439623554_440808969915963544_n.jpg

So much wow factor with the Hellion twin kit!

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
I'm just going to throw Armageddon in the mix too. A friend's 2016 GT was the alpha car, and I was very impressed with what I saw, and how it performed. No shortcuts taken, and the hot side is made by Kooks.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
I have installed/tuned 2 JPC single kits (gen1) and they perform extremely well. Their gen 2 kit is supposed to be even better and I will be working with one on a '67 Nova II Coyote swap in the near future.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back