Justinsstang 2006 GT M90 Build Thread

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
I've seen it get to 10s during a wot, sometimes stays low-high 11s. It's really laggy too but I guess that comes from it still having cats on the car with the wideband being stuck in one of the cats in the rear 02 sensor spot.

idle is around 14.6, but sometimes when I start to take off I see it jump to 16s for a very split second. Really scary, is I've seen it jump to a 17.2 one time while starting to take off from a stop too. Not punching it or anything, and not sure why.

The higher the number the leaner it is. It is fine to see the afr jump to even peg the gauge when you let off the gas etc.. this is actually normal. The gauge will wonder around under normal driving.. also ok. Steady idle ill be around 14.7 or real close (will likely jump around a bit too but more stable at idle).

WOT is where it matters. Normally you should lift if you do not see the gauge go below 12 really soon after wot. With the smaller blower you may get away with a bit more (leaner is more power but risk of detonation and your m90 makes a ton of heat). You do not want it too rich either. If it is in the 10's you are way too rich and causing other problems. Normally tuners will seek around 11.2-11.8 on a blower setup but there are variables. Get a good tuner and let them walk you thru it.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
The dyno sheet is in his archive

http://vmptuning.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1091

"This car responded really nicely to a pulley, tune, throttle body, and having the vanes cut out of the factory airbox lid (requires tuning)."

From that I'm guessing no nitrous. I'd have the same setup minus the throttle body, maybe he had a unicorn

I believe that car had LT's. Cutting the vanes out of the airbox with a dremel etc, will net you another 7rwhp.... but requires tuning.

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
I just put on pacesetter LTs with o/r H, and also have the vanes cut out of my airbox.

Too bad I didn't get an upgraded TB before starting the tune with lito. I think any additional tuning for an air intake/bigger injectors etc will be an additional $150.

Oh well. I want 450rwhp/tq, but I know current mods will only net me 430ish rwhp/similar torque.

One day I may grab a 1.9 tvs or 2.3 tvs depending on how much work/more money the tvs is. It won't bolt up to the M90 intake will it? If not that = $$$$

Still gotta build a shortblock before I start messing with anything else though, I'm done with go mods for a while lol

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
The 1.9 is a direct swap on the head unit (supercharger). VMP put the kit together for about $3500 bucks, includes everything. Brian (skwerl) was getting 642 RWHP with his 1.9 and forged stroker block with FRPP Stage 3 heads. The 2.3 will NOT drop in, it's a completely different kit for around $6500.

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
Yea that's what I figured, hadn't looked in to the 2.3 swap though so I wasn't sure if the intake/blower would swap in and be close to matching up with existing coolant lines etc for the M90.

Will probably do the 1.9. Grats on the whipple you picked up btw:naughty1:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back