Leafblower

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
Its not the laziness factor, its about marring the finish. rubbing a towel around the car has the chance of dragging dirt across the finish causing marring. You dont have this issue as much with washing because the soapy water is a lubricant and the dirt gets suspended in the soap to keep it off the paint.

:beer:

Don't most of the gas ones blow the exhaust out with the air? I know some of them do for sure. I'd be skeptical to use something that is blowing exhaust fumes all over my paint. But, from what I've heard the battery ones suck. When I was shopping around I was told that if you get one that's powerful enough to work, it will eat through the battery faster than you can get the car dry, but IDK, I'm just going off what I heard/read.

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score

Don't most of the gas ones blow the exhaust out with the air? I know some of them do for sure. I'd be skeptical to use something that is blowing exhaust fumes all over my paint. But, from what I've heard the battery ones suck. When I was shopping around I was told that if you get one that's powerful enough to work, it will eat through the battery faster than you can get the car dry, but IDK, I'm just going off what I heard/read.

The battery ones are horrendously expensive (the good ones). We're talking $100 for the blower and then another $100 for the charger and battery for it. I think I'll just not dry my car anymore.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score

Yes they do which is why detailers are going to prefer the electric ones and exactly why the Master Blaster has a filter.

The battery powered ones are so horribly bad it's sad. I couldn't even blow my driveway off. It would take me 10+ batteries to blow my driveway off after mowing the grass.

rford426

Resident 5.0 H8R
Reaction score

dont most cars blow exaughst out into the air you drive?? Hahaha Cmon now beside the back pack blower i had blows exaughst opposite of the car

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
Yes they do which is why detailers are going to prefer the electric ones and exactly why the Master Blaster has a filter.

The battery powered ones are so horribly bad it's sad. I couldn't even blow my driveway off. It would take me 10+ batteries to blow my driveway off after mowing the grass.

Can't afford the masterblaster.

I'll just shoot gas fumes onto my car. Who cares.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Can't afford the masterblaster.

I'll just shoot gas fumes onto my car. Who cares.

Yeah I did it for a while probably about 4-5 years before buying the Master Blaster. I did notice after switching to the MB my LSPs didn't last with using the leaf blower. Trust me, I know it's overpriced but unfortunately there's no one else out there making something like it and they know it... If they brought the price down to $200 they would sell a shit load of them compared to now IMO. Either way is better than nothing IMO.

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
Yeah I did it for a while probably about 4-5 years before buying the Master Blaster. I did notice after switching to the MB my LSPs didn't last with using the leaf blower. Trust me, I know it's overpriced but unfortunately there's no one else out there making something like it and they know it... If they brought the price down to $200 they would sell a shit load of them compared to now IMO. Either way is better than nothing IMO.

What's an LSP? and which gas one did you have?

SilentScope

Chemist by profession
Reaction score
WHY is this thread still going....

well, at least this is a step in the right direction:
Hot-girl-makita-blower.jpg

OU81

slow typical mustang...
Reaction score
Hahaha this is just funny at this point. Worried about exhaust fumes hurting the paint??? Then all the while 90% of the cars on here have an o/r pipe. Out of all the cars on the road that 1 leaf blower will just totally f' the paint up let me tell ya...pffft. Then we have the idea of drying w/ a shammy or soft microfiber towel just scratches the paint all up so you want to blow it off. All the while there will already be dust/dirt on the car right after its washed, dirt in the air along w/ dirt & god knows what on the ground that will hit the surface at some point while using the blower.

I find it funny how some guys try to get so technical, post whole manifestos about the steps & procedures to washing/detailing & take 2 days to detail the car. Just wash it & go on about your day. No need in bringing all of your college skills out & over complicate cleaning a car. Lol

Maybe its just me but i get a kick out of this section at how over complicated it is. Flame on b/c i know its coming lol

Last edited:

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
Hahaha this is just funny at this point. Worried about exhaust fumes hurting the paint??? Then all the while 90% of the cars on here have an o/r pipe. Then we have the idea of drying w/ a shammy or soft microfiber towel just scratches the paint all up so you want to blow it off. All the while there will already be dust/dirt on the car right after its washed, dirt in the air along w/ dirt & god knows what on the ground that will hit the surface at some point while using the blower.

I find it funny how some guys try to get so technical, post whole manifestos about the steps & procedures to washing/detailing & take 2 days to detail the car. Just wash it & go on about your day. No need in bringing all of your college skills out & over complicate cleaning a car. Lol

Maybe its just me but i get a kick out of this section at how over complicated it is. Flame on b/c i know its coming lol

:beerdrink:

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Don't worry the guys who do ENJOY taking it a step further have no ill feelings towards anyone who doesn't. I've said it countless times it's not for everyone. We enjoy it, it's a hobby, and it's safe to say my paint looks better than someone who doesn't.

As far as about the exhaust LUL, not sure if serious. It's a shame because there used to be a handful of guys that did post quite a bit here but now it seems like every other thread someone feels they need to do something like this..

OU81

slow typical mustang...
Reaction score
Hey if using a blower is how ya like to dry it then go for it but saying exhaust fumes hurt the paint while the same cars are catless & a soft microfiber cloth scratches the paint is just funny. Shits going to happen to your paint, no getting around that.

I can understand if we are talking about a qc 4x4 truck, something that takes some time, effort & hell even a step ladder to dry but its a lil car that takes 5 mins to dry. And hell if a lil bead of water should so happen to roll down from under the spoiler to the bumper that you happened to have missed, dont get all butt hurt about it & come up w/ a manifesto on how it wont happen again, just grab the towel & soak it up

I still just get a kick out of it.

Last edited:

OU81

slow typical mustang...
Reaction score
I do enjoy cleaning my car also & making sure it looks its best Get it all nice & cleaned up every friday morning & then enjoy driving it around. But at the end there is doing it w/ common sense & then there is a line that gets crossed of there is way to much time on your hands & there is other stuff to do.

OU81

slow typical mustang...
Reaction score
I try...

Anyway back to yall using a leaf blower b/c a soft microfiber towel will just massacre your paint.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back