Leather seats wear and tear

Styre

It Happens
Reaction score
I have a new 08gt. I have had the car about 9 months and it has 11k miles on it. I really baby my leather and clean/ condition it. I found a wear crack on the drivers seat close to the seat controls. Has anyone else noticed this? Is this under warranty?

CIMG3510.jpg

CIMG3511.jpg

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've had mind 4 years and 31K with nothing like that at all, my seats still look new.

Solitear

forum member
Reaction score
mine have started to show signs of cracking but then again 3 years and 54k did it and my fastass doesnt stand i tend to do the lazyboy exit by sliding >.<

if you have 11k on odo then call ford and ask idk if they warrenty that but they should imo.

tagle281

forum member
Reaction score
This is exactly why I opted for no leather. I had two mustangs with leather and it is complete crap. However, I would go to my local dealer and talk face to face with a service writer. I'm sure they will take care of you especially if it's your first warranty claim. They do a survey for your first claim and they want all A's on it. JMO. Or you can do what I wish to do and get aftermarket leather.

Styre

It Happens
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I was thinking maybe it was just my luck. I went to the local ford in town. They took pics and said that they had to send them to Ford. I should know tomorrow if they are going to replace the lower half. It's my first claim so I hope all is good. Man I hate to go to the local Ford place, I like to go to the one I bought it at but thats 45min from here. I'll let you know how it turns out.

mike05gt

Addicted to Mustangs
Reaction score
I dont think Ford will have a problem covering this with warranty, leather wear is normal but not cracking. Good luck.

xxDerek

Reaction score
Yea it totally did this to me!!! But bad, yours is light compared to mine, it cracked hella bad...

Vapour Trails

The Renaissance Man
Reaction score
hahaha, that's not leather, it's vinyl. The only part of the seat that is leather is the part you sit on, the sides and the back are vinyl, just like the back seat. This is true for almost any car with leather seats. If the entire seat were leather it would cost a small fortune.

That being said, you should still get it covered under warranty.

Last edited:

hottcobra

come try to take my guns!
Reaction score
I worked at a cadillac dealership and if the car is still under the bumper to bumper warr. they will fix the seats for you.

Styre

It Happens
Reaction score
The Ford place said they would call today. My phone must be broke cause it has not rang yet. I'm going to wait til saturday before I go to the one I bought the car at. I was not really wanting to make the ride but I like the dealership in Rock Hill alot better.

Solitear

forum member
Reaction score
The Ford place said they would call today. My phone must be broke cause it has not rang yet. I'm going to wait til saturday before I go to the one I bought the car at. I was not really wanting to make the ride but I like the dealership in Rock Hill alot better.

mmm, if anything call them tommorow and find out, don't wait on them to get to you.

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
the "leather" on my passenger seat is all chafed on the bolster area but unfortunately my 07 is way out of warranty :( so i'm going to get new take offs from a '10 instead.

tagle281

forum member
Reaction score

Call them back. They will take care of you. My cushion on my 07 gt wore out and you could feel the wire inside just before 30k miles. I took it to the dealer and explained that yes it is wear and tear but at 30K the foam should not fall apart like that. They ordered a new foam innard and replaced it. You should not have any problems.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back