Line Locks

dieselboy28

sick my duck
Reaction score
So im lookin at buying some line locks soon so i can be sure and get them done before next year. Is there much of a difference between the single or dual solenoids as far as when you do your burnout does the car want to slide to one side real bad with just one or will it stay pretty much straight?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So im lookin at buying some line locks soon so i can be sure and get them done before next year. Is there much of a difference between the single or dual solenoids as far as when you do your burnout does the car want to slide to one side real bad with just one or will it stay pretty much straight?

no, either locks both front wheels. The duals go on after the ABS system which a lot of guys prefer ( I have the PMP kit :thumb: )

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have the PMP kit also

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have the SLP kit which is a single that goes between the master cylinder and the ABS control unit. Works like a champ.

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
wha???

HERE! ... wait..

wha???

... thought I heard my name...

...damn those La Vela flashbacks:chillpill::dj::party::partyguy::beerdrink:

gmantheman

forum member
Reaction score
I am going to need line locks in the future, as I don't feel coordinated enough to do the clutch, brake two step move :tdown:

dieselboy28

sick my duck
Reaction score
I am going to need line locks in the future, as I don't feel coordinated enough to do the clutch, brake two step move :tdown:

its not hard to do just hard on the drivetrain.

so pmp and slp are both pretty common. anyone every leaks or failure with either? i helped a friend do a set of granetellis once and talk about a royal pain in the fucking ass, that and i got squirted in the eye with break fluid, dex was there so i blame it on him! i have seen the directions for the pmp kit but not the slp, is the slp easier or harder to install?

Big Top Gt

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
How are you guys hooking up the single solenoid line lock?

I've got one that's been laying around, and I'd like to use it on the Saleen. It's funny, because I find myself taking parts that were SUPPOSED to go on my turbo Cobra and putting them on the Saleen. Ha!

For the line lock, are you guys using the Joe Lynch method for installation?

http://www.lx.net/jlynch/line-lock.html

That's what I was going to use for my Cobra, but I'm hoping it's the same for the Saleen. (or that there's a better way to run a single solenoid.)

Thoughts?

Big Top Gt

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Another question for you guys; are the electronics for the cruise control the same in the 05+ as they are for the 04 and older?

I have an electronic box called a "Cruise Missile." It hooks into the cruise control buttons and takes advantage of the fact that the cruise cont' doesn't function below 25 mph.

It lets you use those buttons to control the line lock. :)

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
its not hard to do just hard on the drivetrain.

so pmp and slp are both pretty common. anyone every leaks or failure with either? i helped a friend do a set of granetellis once and talk about a royal pain in the fucking ass, that and i got squirted in the eye with break fluid, dex was there so i blame it on him! i have seen the directions for the pmp kit but not the slp, is the slp easier or harder to install?

granatelli sucks asshole

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Which is easier installation between the SLP and PMP?
They are probably both just as easy. Just depends on what your preference is on the type you want.

I haven't installed a PMP kit, but the SLPs are a piece of cake. Pull one brake line and replace it with two pieces and a solenoid in the middle. Run two wires (or 3 if you want a light in your switch) and bleed the brakes. That's pretty much all there is to it.

How are you guys hooking up the single solenoid line lock?
See above ^^^

I started to use the cruise control switch. But said screw it and put a small round rocker switch in the console in front of the e-brake instead.

SloSVO

Village Idiot
Reaction score
SLP here.. have installed two of them.. a 05 and 07.. i don't see why the 07 kit can't be used with the 05 kit.. seems a bit better as it puts the solenoid away from the exhaust manifold heat.. the one bitch was routing the lines and the fact that the fittings go on pretty fucken tight, almost to were you think your going to strip it.. i had to keep tightening them till they stopped seaping/leaking.. and yes I would use SLP again..

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back