Looking for a a little more HP

cipstinger

forum member
Reaction score
Jim,

you guys did a great job on my 07 GT last year and I am Extremely happy with the work and the 362 at the wheels. I know this is a real busy time of year for you guys, but I was wondering if you had any ideas for me. I would like to pick up 30 or 40 mor HP at the wheels. Maybe something you that I can get done soon. I look forward to talking to you soon about spending some money.

Mike

Last edited:

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
With where your at the biggest gain is going to be in the motor, ie ported heads or a 302E rotating assembly. Labor on this is the kicker however and probably going to make it a very expensive job. besides that do you happen to have underdrive pulleys? should add 10-15 HP. Its really hard to find anything else that would be a big power gain for you, besides a supercharger!!

cipstinger

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response Jim and yes i had you guys install the pully's last year also. Well it looks like I'm going to save up this year and get a supercharge next year thanks again and I will continue to recommend your shop to anyone that need work done.

Mike

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks a bunch Mike, I appreciate the kind words about our work! I really think your at the limits of bolt ons here. I thought about it more and I think you would see better gains from the JPC intake manifold and some custom grind cams with springs. Which in parts/labor would be cheaper than doing heads or the bottom end. I think you could acheive about 30 RWHP from doing that but its sticking with the same parts, I like the idea of saving your coin for the blower. Go with a Procharger system if you want to stick with the manifold and get the tuner kit. Then add 60lb injectors and a GT500 fuel system and we can get you over 500 RWHP safely!

cipstinger

forum member
Reaction score
That sounds like a plan Jim I like the sound of that I will be in touch as so as i'm ready to make it happen.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back