Looking for a DA Polisher HELP!

Bossmustang16

3v to 4v
Reaction score
well i just need a good polish, the meguiars ultimate polish seemed like a lot of people said it dried to fast and there were better products available.. but i did order ultimate compound, swirlx and the ultimate wax. i guess i will just use swirlx as my polish for now until i can find a good polish maybe 28ONE knows a good one

28ONE

Reaction score
well i just need a good polish, the meguiars ultimate polish seemed like a lot of people said it dried to fast and there were better products available.. but i did order ultimate compound, swirlx and the ultimate wax. i guess i will just use swirlx as my polish for now until i can find a good polish maybe 28ONE knows a good one

These are how I rank mine in order of preference:

Polish Angel Master Polish 8oz $30
Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 16oz $40
Menzerna SF4000 16oz $30
HD Polish 16oz $30
Meguiar's M205 8oz $10

Bossmustang16

3v to 4v
Reaction score
your the man 28ONE gosh i saw the guy with the red 2013 that used polish angel and his car was ridiculously wet! I was like wow!!

28ONE

Reaction score
your the man 28ONE gosh i saw the guy with the red 2013 that used polish angel and his car was ridiculously wet! I was like wow!!

It's a pricey product but I'm willing to pay for it. Coatings are the way to go for a dd

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score

If you think thats impressive you should see the top of his head! When you let him loose with a bottle of White Rain his head looks oddly like a new bowling ball

00blkvert

forum member
Reaction score

Even though this video is a demonstration of the Flex 3401, it has tons of great information - for pad cleaning skip to 20:38

When I'm working on a whole car, I have a bucket with about 2 gallons of water and Snappy Pad cleaner. I generally use 1 pad per section, (fender, door, roof, trunk lid, quarter panel, 2 Pads for hood) - as Mike explains in the video and I'll repeat the importance of clean pads. After each section, I'll just throw the pad in the bucket and the cleaner does a great job of dissolving spent product. When doing paint correction, I don't like to stop and clean pads - that's why I have a lot of pads...

i am pretty on par with 28one with pads. I don't have enough pads to get each panel once but I do have roughly 4 or 5 of each pad. I had a little different method for pad cleaning though. I take my pads spray on some all purpose cleaner and let it sit. Once I get 3 or 4 ill rub the APC in and then rub/wash it out under the sing. Ill wring it out real quick and spin dry it on the polisher.

These are how I rank mine in order of preference:

Polish Angel Master Polish 8oz $30
Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 16oz $40
Menzerna SF4000 16oz $30
HD Polish 16oz $30
Meguiar's M205 8oz $10

I agree but I don't think you can compare HD Polish and M205 to the other 3. I feel like the top 3 you listed have less cutting ability then HD and 205. I do feel that they have better finishing properties but they both should be in separate columns.

Other finishing polishes I have had success with is Carpro reflect and Menzerna sf4500.

28ONE

Reaction score
i am pretty on par with 28one with pads. I don't have enough pads to get each panel once but I do have roughly 4 or 5 of each pad. I had a little different method for pad cleaning though. I take my pads spray on some all purpose cleaner and let it sit. Once I get 3 or 4 ill rub the APC in and then rub/wash it out under the sing. Ill wring it out real quick and spin dry it on the polisher.

I agree but I don't think you can compare HD Polish and M205 to the other 3. I feel like the top 3 you listed have less cutting ability then HD and 205. I do feel that they have better finishing properties but they both should be in separate columns.

Other finishing polishes I have had success with is Carpro reflect and Menzerna sf4500.

I just listed those in order of my personal preference not based on cutting ability. I do agree with you, they would be in different columns, especially when we throw SF4500 and Reflect in the mix...btw did you transfer yet?

00blkvert

forum member
Reaction score
I just listed those in order of my personal preference not based on cutting ability. I do agree with you, they would be in different columns, especially when we throw SF4500 and Reflect in the mix...btw did you transfer yet?

Not yet other things have popped up. Ill hit you up in a PM

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
One thing I've got problems with, and since the OP is learning I'm sure he'll benefit from this question too, is figuring out which color pad does what. Since there are no markings on them, I end up coming back to the computer and searching threads to figure out which color pad is best for cutting, polishing, finishing...etc. Any shortcuts or easy way to remember? The problem is compounded when different manufacturers use different color pads.

Bossmustang16

3v to 4v
Reaction score
exactly bleed blue. but i've simplified my process.
I've went with the griots pads.. they only have 3 foam pads. one for correcting one for polishing/finishing and one for waxing/sealant. don't get no better then that and there labeled on the velcro which one is which.

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
I'd think sticking with one brand pad would be best. If you use other brands I'd get some sort of container that has multiple drawers and possibly dividers in each drawer. Dedicate one drawer to pads. Separate the drawer into say 3 sections and one be cut, polish,wax and etc. Then if you go with a different brand you can just figure out what that pad is for and pitch it in that section of the drawer. Or do the same thing with a peg board on a wall. Use a hanger for cut. One for polish and so on. That's what I'd do

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
I bought and used a PC 7424XP on CL a couple of years back and finally got the supplies needed for a paint correction job on the mustang last year. Loved the results. Now that the mustang is gone, I want to jump to the Flex after reading reviews since I want to use it on my fx4 and the wife's Lexus. Can I use the same LC pads on the Flex as I did on the PC??

Bullitt 3309

forum member
Reaction score
I bought and used a PC 7424XP on CL a couple of years back and finally got the supplies needed for a paint correction job on the mustang last year. Loved the results. Now that the mustang is gone, I want to jump to the Flex after reading reviews since I want to use it on my fx4 and the wife's Lexus. Can I use the same LC pads on the Flex as I did on the PC??

Should not be an issue other than getting the smaller backing plate to run the smaller pads. I use the 5.5 pads so the 4 3/8 inch plate is on my Flex.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
I run 5.5 pads also. Does the Flex come with the correct plate to use with those pads? I'm going to sell my PC 7424XP now. If anyone wants it send me a PM.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back