Lowering springs?

SC boss

watch this!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I currently have BMR springs on my car. 1 1/2" front and 2" rear. They are awesome springs with hourglass design (no wheelhop) But cannot install an aftermarket driveshaft due to major rubbing. So I want to lift it up just enough to give me this clearance anyone encountered this and know what spring height to go with and a spring that will not have wheelhop?

RedFury

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have the Eibach Pro-Kit and no problems with a 4" aluminum driveshaft. I don't have wheelhop, but that may be more due to my LCA and UCAs.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Is it rubbing the floor pan or somewhere / something else?

I have the FFRP FR500C suspension kit. It leveled the car, dropping the car about the same as yours. I got 1.75 in the front and 2.25 in the back. I wanted to install a Spider Shaft, but I don't want to toss a $1400 suspension setup to do it...

Let us know what you come up with.

SC boss

watch this!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have LCA's and UCA's also, so maybe the eibach's are something to think about for me then. How is the ride quality? Fair?

The driveshaft was rubbing on the floorpan and its some tuff stuff to try and dent or modify for clearance. Anybody had to make this modification? A hammer doesnt work! :hammer:

SC boss

watch this!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
:shock:OH MY GOSH, I just looked at your drop.... that thing is slammed!!! Im saying it will most definately rub on yours. I have heard that the spider shaft being tapered works better on SLAMMED cars!

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
:shock:OH MY GOSH, I just looked at your drop.... that thing is slammed!!! Im saying it will most definately rub on yours. I have heard that the spider shaft being tapered works better on SLAMMED cars!

hahahahaaa Yea, it's low. I only have 3.5" of ground clearance. It rides very sporty. You feel every bump, but it's worth it. I'm still on stock tires and I can still bang around 15 mph curves at 45 mph!!!

:clap:

Check out these two pics. One the mustang is parked behind our M35x which is a low ass car itself. But the GT is still way lower. It's fun being at a light beside a Mini and looking UP at the driver...

Attachments

• Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 29
  • Pict0030.jpg
    Pict0030.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

SC boss

watch this!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Man the pic with your other car really shows how low it actually is! I like it, looks awesome. Now you just need some 20's to tuck up in the fenders!:thumb:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back