Lund Racing VS Bama - My 5.0 Tuning Experience

iceguyb14

Mustang Fanatic
Reaction score
And here everyone thought you were the dumbass. :asskiss2:

hahahah well him saying "suddenly a shitforbrains with a wopping 3 months driving the car is a god damned tuning expert and a 1/4 mile king calling out members for their 1/4 mile times.." has about as much truth in it as his woman sayin he's got a long schlong. i never said i was a tuning expert or 1/4 mile king and i didnt call anyone out lol.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Shed rip you, just saying. Besides that she doesn't need seer's help on the call out.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
:waiting quietly for Chris Cruz to arrive:

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Unfair jab. Just because we have different business models doesn't mean that Bama doesn't know what they're doing. AM sells thousands of "window louvers", and employs hundreds of local Mustang enthusiasts because of it.

Bama, which is strictly our custom tuning division, still has serious capabilities. We've got an in-house dyno, Ford OE datalogging and data acquisition, and millions of dollars in training, staff and software for 9 in-house employees (just for Bama) to be able to confidently send out thousands of tunes each month. So because it's tied to a brand that happens to sell styling components as part of their catalog, that makes us any less of an option?

We've still done really great things with our 2011+ Mustangs - had the fastest 2011 V6 for a long time, went 10.43 in our auto 2011 GT, and we're working on a 2012 GT with a turbo system now. Our business model isn't to build race cars and break records. Our business model is to own the cars, have fun with them, but most importantly to use them to test fitment/quality/sound/performance of the products that we sell to our customers, whether manufactured by us or third-party.

Just because window louvers aren't "cool enough" for you, me or even some of the other members here, it shouldn't say anything about Bama. If anything, Bama has exclusive access to our 165,000 square foot (soon to be expanded) warehouse of parts. So they can mix/match ANY combination on any Mustang to make sure that our tunes are dead nuts accurate at any time. Even AM sells pretty hardcore parts these days from fully mounted/balanced Racestars, Mickeys and M&H's to Turbo kits, Crate engines, Nitrous, Cams and Heads. We've really cranked up the volume on things that we carry for the performance enthusiast. Guess what, though? The guy with the window louvers loves his car just as much as you or I.

Chris

Thank you, and don't take my post above as combative. I've wanted to explain all of that for a while.

I respect your opinion of Bama and your favoritism for Lund, just like we all have to accept iceguy's vice-versa.

Thanks for the kind words, though. Much appreciated! If there's anything I can do to change your opinion of Bama, hit me up. They're great guys over there, but like any other human-operated business... we screw things up every once in a while. I wish we didn't, but it happens. I'll do whatever we gotta do to make it right. It sounds like you're more than happy with your setup now, so I don't want to offer you new tunes and offend anyone. I'd be glad to credit the money towards something else, refund you, case of beer, you name it! LOL
no, I was jabbing window louvers. You just happen to sell them. :D I actually made a post supporting some appearance stuff you guys sell. Just not louvers.. Eww.

Meh, I didn't hate my bama tune on my previous 2011 5.0, just my lund tune performed better.

If you guys are having another show this year we'll thrown down beers there. Slowest chugger pays :D

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
Unfair jab. Just because we have different business models doesn't mean that Bama doesn't know what they're doing. AM sells thousands of "window louvers", and employs hundreds of local Mustang enthusiasts because of it.

agreed. I and many others here have bought all types of parts from you guys. I'm not much into this drama, but I appreciate ALL the vendors here even the small ones that go out of their way to help us :thumb:

Back