Lund Racing VS Bama - My 5.0 Tuning Experience

iceguyb14

Mustang Fanatic
Reaction score
You were skipped over. If you would have wrote back and asked for an update, you would have been taken care of. At that point, it wasn't a matter of time, your ticket was mis-filed and you would never have gotten a reply.

Should you have to ask for updates if you don't get a response? No. But if you would have, I would have gotten back to you.

Take too much on?

If you haven't noticed, Lund Racing doesn't have an online store. Lund Racing pays for ZERO advertising anywhere except for here on S197. And that's because this is the only place I hang out. So we are trying to take on as little as we can and we are still this busy.

But we are making plans for major expansion soon to meet the demand. Stay Tuned...

That's good man. Looking forward to what's to come.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

konablue11gt

forum member
Reaction score
Ken sometimes bigger isnt better. I myself prefer the one on one support you provide over some big unpersonal canned crap... I know after my V3 is installed ill be going with you guys and quite frankly if it takes a couple weeks of datalogs to make it right it more than worth my wait for a safe reliable tune...going bigger may jepordize that personal touch you guys give

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I waited and now my car has perfect drivability with track times to come.

larry03gt

forum member
Reaction score
One very important thing to consider on a tune is how safe the tune is in getting the extra power! Like Iceguy a few years back I too was just looking for the highest HP tune and tried 3 different tuners. One of the tuners gained me net 25 more HP than the other two and I was happy as shit until three months later I had ring failure on two cylinders due to detonation. Now with these high compression 5.0 I will gladly take 10 to 20 less power to safely have fun without being scared that I'm going to pop a piston or something. Just my .02 on this.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Lol no they just did the tunes. I made this post without even telling them I was going to. Don't worry id never compromise my integrity for a paid endorsement. The facts just kind of speak for themselves lol.

I'll go ahead and say what others are thinking but haven't....your a dumbass (and a liar). That is all.

Last edited:

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
What I find funny is, the op keeps touting the #8 cylinder warranty, when he doesn't realize AM will not honor it, since his pcm was tuned prior :D

iceguyb14

Mustang Fanatic
Reaction score
What I find funny is, the op keeps touting the #8 cylinder warranty, when he doesn't realize AM will not honor it, since his pcm was tuned prior :D

What I find funny is where I've already addressed that and said I am trying to help other people out. I know it doesn't apply to me but for a guy looking for a tuner for the first time it would.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
What I find funny is where I've already addressed that and said I am trying to help other people out. I know it doesn't apply to me but for a guy looking for a tuner for the first time it would.

Now if only you could outrun a stock 5.0 with your mods :D

Phuck Phace

forum member
Reaction score
I posted my numbers in this thread before (with my Lund tune) and I was happy with them. It was 404hp/384tq. In a few days I will datalog, send my info to Ken and post my results. Not trying to nutswing on Lund tunes, just trying to keep the info being tossed in this thread fair/balanced.

KenB

forum member
Reaction score
Ken sometimes bigger isnt better. I myself prefer the one on one support you provide over some big unpersonal canned crap... I know after my V3 is installed ill be going with you guys and quite frankly if it takes a couple weeks of datalogs to make it right it more than worth my wait for a safe reliable tune...going bigger may jepordize that personal touch you guys give

I appreciate the feedback. We are going to try and keep it as personal as possible while still being able to take care of everyone.

We tried to throttle the business by not having an online store. You have to go out of your way to contact us to ask for a tune. We don't even provide a phone number. Even by doing this, we can't keep up.

The only other thing we can do is to turn people away and I really don't want to do that. Many times the people that wind up coming to us have already had bad experiences with other tuners and are seeking help getting their car running right. Often times this is after a motor failure.

I would feel bad telling people I'm too busy to help. It seems with a lot of combinations that we are the only one able to get the cars running right. If we don't help then, who will?

So our plan now is to expand to meet the demand.

Anyway, this thread isn't about or business plan, sorry to muck it up.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
I appreciate the feedback. We are going to try and keep it as personal as possible while still being able to take care of everyone.

We tried to throttle the business by not having an online store. You have to go out of your way to contact us to ask for a tune. We don't even provide a phone number. Even by doing this, we can't keep up.

The only other thing we can do is to turn people away and I really don't want to do that. Many times the people that wind up coming to us have already had bad experiences with other tuners and are seeking help getting their car running right. Often times this is after a motor failure.

I would feel bad telling people I'm too busy to help. It seems with a lot of combinations that we are the only one able to get the cars running right. If we don't help then, who will?

So our plan now is to expand to meet the demand.

Anyway, this thread isn't about or business plan, sorry to muck it up.

If you maintain the same high quality while meeting customer demand with prompt customer service, that's a win-win situation no matter how you look at it.

EDIT: Just want to add that you aren't, in any way, mucking this thread up. Lund's previous history of slow customer service due to the demand on his time allows you to mention anything you want about how you plan to improve on this. Even though I have told others in the past they will have to be patient with Jon Lund getting back to them, this was before you two got together, I understand that when you want the best, you often have to wait for it. Patience isn't something a lot of people have and it shows in the way some folks choose to "bash" on Lund Tuning.

If you want the best, and the best is a little more expensive, you're just plain ignorant to bitch about it later on like Icecrudeguy has done. I find it absolutely ridiculous that anyone wouldn't "get" that when you seek out a highly qualified, highly sought after tuner like Lund, you're gonna have to work on HIS schedule and NOT yours. If that isn't acceptable to you and you failed to research and figure this out prior to going forward with him, that's on YOU. NOT Jon.

Luckily, now Ken and Jon are working together on this. Ken has been super quick to get back to me when I THOUGHT I had a tune issue. It was actually a bad tune upload issue. Nothing wrong with the tune, it just didn't upload to the car correctly for some reason. Which I've had happen with various other tuners as well.

Last edited:

blackgt87

forum member
Reaction score
I only made it through 3 pages of this but I dyno'd a Lund tune and Bama tune back to back and Bama made way more through the middle of the curve. Bama made like 6 peak hp more, but power and torque under the curve were way better. My car ran awesome on the Bama tune, driveability, response, idle, everything.

I didn't have any customer service issues with Lund, he and Ken answered TONS of my questions when they had no reason to. Very nice guys IMO and true enthusiasts. No matter what when you run a business some people will have bad experiences, just a fact. I think forums tend to blow those out of proportion.

firestang70

SW Ohio Ninja
Reaction score
Ken,
The last tune revision was better, appreciate the help. Ken has been very helpful with me. He knows what I want from the car (consistent mid 11s with good drivability). We are going step by step to make good safe power. The car is in the 11s now. Once I'm back on land we will datalog some more passes and fine tune it. I would rather do this then get a tune with big numbers and pinging off the knock sensor etc. Ken is a stand up guy who does a great job.

iceguyb14

Mustang Fanatic
Reaction score
If you maintain the same high quality while meeting customer demand with prompt customer service, that's a win-win situation no matter how you look at it.

EDIT: Just want to add that you aren't, in any way, mucking this thread up. Lund's previous history of slow customer service due to the demand on his time allows you to mention anything you want about how you plan to improve on this. Even though I have told others in the past they will have to be patient with Jon Lund getting back to them, this was before you two got together, I understand that when you want the best, you often have to wait for it. Patience isn't something a lot of people have and it shows in the way some folks choose to "bash" on Lund Tuning.

If you want the best, and the best is a little more expensive, you're just plain ignorant to bitch about it later on like Icecrudeguy has done. I find it absolutely ridiculous that anyone wouldn't "get" that when you seek out a highly qualified, highly sought after tuner like Lund, you're gonna have to work on HIS schedule and NOT yours. If that isn't acceptable to you and you failed to research and figure this out prior to going forward with him, that's on YOU. NOT Jon.

Luckily, now Ken and Jon are working together on this. Ken has been super quick to get back to me when I THOUGHT I had a tune issue. It was actually a bad tune upload issue. Nothing wrong with the tune, it just didn't upload to the car correctly for some reason. Which I've had happen with various other tuners as well.

Hey there don't be a dick. I'm not being ignorant or crude. I posted my experience. I just wanted a damn tune for my car lol. When I got results that weren't on par with where they should be, I was unhappy being as I spent $200 which is more than any other mail order tune out there (besides AED which is the same). It's more than Bama, Steeda, BBR, VMP, etc. Hell I know some reputable local dynos that charge barely more than that for a full dyno tune. I guess I expected a lot. Spending $200 on a mail order tune isn't cheap. For that price I expected a tune that made a lot of power, was safe, and also great customer service. Instead I got an ok tune that was safe and the customer service again was ok.

I only made it through 3 pages of this but I dyno'd a Lund tune and Bama tune back to back and Bama made way more through the middle of the curve. Bama made like 6 peak hp more, but power and torque under the curve were way better. My car ran awesome on the Bama tune, driveability, response, idle, everything.

I didn't have any customer service issues with Lund, he and Ken answered TONS of my questions when they had no reason to. Very nice guys IMO and true enthusiasts. No matter what when you run a business some people will have bad experiences, just a fact. I think forums tend to blow those out of proportion.

I just tried to post my experience to help other people out. But since I posted something positive about Bama and negative about Lund Racing on a forum where there are so many Lund nutswingers, it turns into a thread like this lol.

It really kills me though. If people look at my experience, I don't get how they can't feel the same way I do or see where I'm coming from. But oh well.

Ken,
The last tune revision was better, appreciate the help. Ken has been very helpful with me. He knows what I want from the car (consistent mid 11s with good drivability). We are going step by step to make good safe power. The car is in the 11s now. Once I'm back on land we will datalog some more passes and fine tune it. I would rather do this then get a tune with big numbers and pinging off the knock sensor etc. Ken is a stand up guy who does a great job.

That's good. Glad you're getting it running well. And I'm not trying to knock Ken or John personally. They are good people. Ken is a good guy. I'm just talking purely about the tunes and what is offered by each company. But anyway I'd be interested in trying my car out. With some nice tires and good air, I'd be solid 11s. And also I gotta say, 393whp isn't exactly big numbers for my mods. It's about on par with where I should be... The 378 was just low...

I'll go ahead and say what others are thinking but haven't....your a dumbass (and a liar). That is all.

Lol I must be a dumbass to come onto a forum with so many Lund fanboys and try and post my honest opinions.

LOOK AT THE FACTS! These facts about my experience and what the companies offer. And tell me you wouldn't feel the way I do.

Power - Lund 378whp 363wtq Bama 393whp 368wtq - advantage Bama
Track Times - Lund 12.47 @ 111.5 Bama 12.39 @ 114.7 - advantage Bama
Overall Customer Service - too much to type, but clear advantage Bama
Price - Lund $200 for ONE tune Bama $150 for THREE tunes - advantage Bama
Safety - Both are reputable, both have had cylinder #8 problems, Bama has done more tunes so probably more failures as a result, but Bama has the cyl #8 warranty. Plus the Bama tune runs slightly richer than the Lund tune and according to datalogs has slightly less spark - advantage Bama
Driveability - Lund good overall, some bucking when cold Bama same with a little more throttle response and less bucking - advantage Bama
Support - Lund Datalogging and fine tuning support is not generally included with the $200 tune but Bama welcomes datalogs and fine tuning - advantage Bama

If you DON'T feel the way I do based on these damn facts, then honestly in my opinion you sir are a dumbass...

Last edited:

KenB

forum member
Reaction score
Hey there don't be a dick. I'm not being ignorant or crude. I posted my experience. I just wanted a damn tune for my car lol. When I got results that weren't on par with where they should be, I was unhappy being as I spent $200 which is more than any other mail order tune out there (besides AED which is the same). It's more than Bama, Steeda, BBR, VMP, etc. Hell I know some reputable local dynos that charge barely more than that for a full dyno tune. I guess I expected a lot. Spending $200 on a mail order tune isn't cheap. For that price I expected a tune that made a lot of power, was safe, and also great customer service. Instead I got an ok tune that was safe and the customer service again was ok.

I just tried to post my experience to help other people out. But since I posted something positive about Bama and negative about Lund Racing on a forum where there are so many Lund nutswingers, it turns into a thread like this lol.

It really kills me though. If people look at my experience, I don't get how they can't feel the same way I do or see where I'm coming from. But oh well.

That's good. Glad you're getting it running well. And I'm not trying to knock Ken or John personally. They are good people. Ken is a good guy. I'm just talking purely about the tunes and what is offered by each company. But anyway I'd be interested in trying my car out. With some nice tires and good air, I'd be solid 11s. And also I gotta say, 393whp isn't exactly big numbers for my mods. It's about on par with where I should be... The 378 was just low...

Lol I must be a dumbass to come onto a forum with so many Lund fanboys and try and post my honest opinions.

LOOK AT THE FACTS! These facts about my experience and what the companies offer. And tell me you wouldn't feel the way I do.

Power - Lund 378whp 363wtq Bama 393whp 368wtq - advantage Bama
Track Times - Lund 12.47 @ 111.5 Bama 12.39 @ 114.7 - advantage Bama
Overall Customer Service - too much to type, but clear advantage Bama
Price - Lund $200 for ONE tune Bama $150 for THREE tunes - advantage Bama
Safety - Both are reputable, both have had cylinder #8 problems, Bama has done more tunes so probably more failures as a result, but Bama has the cyl #8 warranty. Plus the Bama tune runs slightly richer than the Lund tune and according to datalogs has slightly less spark - advantage Bama
Driveability - Lund good overall, some bucking when cold Bama same with a little more throttle response and less bucking - advantage Bama
Support - Lund Datalogging and fine tuning support is not generally included with the $200 tune but Bama welcomes datalogs and fine tuning - advantage Bama

If you DON'T feel the way I do based on these damn facts, then honestly in my opinion you sir are a dumbass...

Last time I checked, no one makes a decision on one persons experience. Based on what you listed, you had a better experience with Bama than us.

There are more people on this board that have had a better experience with us. And you call them nutswingers because of that?

Then why aren't you a Bama nutswinger? Please explain.

You are only calling them nutswingers because they don't agree with you.

Last edited:

iceguyb14

Mustang Fanatic
Reaction score
Last time I checked, no one makes a decision on one persons experience. Based on what you listed, you had a better experience with Bama than us.

There are more people on this board that have had a better experience with us. And you call them nutswingers because of that?

Then why aren't you a Bama nutswinger? Please explain.

You are only calling them nutswingers because they don't agree with you.

We can all agree that you had better service/tune with Bama. What everyone is trying to say is that doesn't 'prove' anything like you are trying to imply. To properly come to a conclusion, I think we would need to get a bunch of people's opinions and experiences to get to the bottom of that.

But I'll tell your right now, BAMA does not want that comparison drawn.

I want it to be civil. I'm not saying shit to you. I'm having people give me shit for posting my experiences and it's getting irritating lol.

And I'm calling them nutswingers because when you look at my experience, there's literally no reason for someone to not agree with me. Not trying to be a dick. Like you said, I got a better service and tune from Bama. They are only saying shit to me because they are nutswingers. I'm glad you have a great fan base. They can back you all they want and post positive things about you and that's good, but calling me a dumbass bc I posted my experience with both tuners. That's just retarded. I haven't lied about anything. I'm just being honest. I could have definitely skewed it a lot more in Bama's favor if I wanted to but I wanted to post an honest thread with my honest opinions. I'm not going to compromise my integrity like that.

And I'm not saying it proves anything. I'm just saying my personal experience which is what I base a lot of stuff on. I read a lot of good things about Lund Racing before I got a tune which is why I did to begin with. IM JUST SAYING based on my personal damn experience for the money Bama is what I would recommend to people with just simple bolt ons.

Last edited:

KenB

forum member
Reaction score
I want it to be civil. I'm not saying shit to you. I'm having people give me shit for posting my experiences and it's getting irritating lol.

And I'm calling them nutswingers because when you look at my experience, there's literally no reason for someone to not agree with me. Not trying to be a dick. Like you said, I got a better service and tune from Bama. They are only saying shit to me because they are nutswingers. I'm glad you have a great fan base. They can back you all they want and post positive things about you and that's good, but calling me a dumbass bc I posted my experience with both tuners. That's just retarded.

And I'm not saying it proves anything. I'm just saying my personal experience which is what I base a lot of stuff on. I read a lot of good things about Lund Racing before I got a tune which is why I did to begin with. IM JUST SAYING based on my personal damn experience Bama is what I would recommend to people with just simple bolt ons for the money.

Sure you are saying it proves something. You are talking from both sides of your mouth.

If it doesn't prove anything how can you make a recommendation based on it?

Or are you saying you are making recommendations with no proof? Which is it?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back