m340hv pump, same gears as oem?

Reaction score
Hey lads, doing a whole timing job on the motor now, as well as new lash adjusters and roller followers, i have a set of new billet gears coming in from boundry , anyone knows if m340hv pump from melling shares same gears with oem pump?
PS.
Post is comming soon on why you have to do research on the shop 3 times before letting them do something with the engine, and how error on the install almost destroyed a 10k miles motor :(

whitmanink

Reaction score
yes it is the same gears, ,, the hardend gears alone cost something upwards of about $340,and the hv and oem,ones have the "standard " softer gears in them,, the HV is obviously high volume output. but they are the same geears

JC SSP

Reaction score
Not tasking you, but if you could do a step-by-step write up this process it would be beneficial to many of us...

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
****UPDATE****

Talked to boundary and Melling, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME GEARS, m340hv gears are thicker then oem pump and billet gears designed for oem pump will not work there, you are asking for trouble if you do so, boundary makes custom make to order set

whitmanink

Reaction score
i must not have been clear on what i ment by the same gear,, its the same pitch and tooth , i have the hv pump and it has the standard soft gears in them . and not sure why you would put $300 gear's in a standard oil pump?so i would never would try to put the hardend gears in the standard pump.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back