Mini tub S197

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Definitely. Already have plans / time off for the race. Going to be testing in October and early Nov at Famoso. Only way I won't go is if I break something and can't get it fixed in time.

05moneypit

forum member
Reaction score
Car looks great!!

Your chassis guy really does some nice work......the interior sheet metal work ain't to bad either for a rookie :lol2:

Looking forward to seeing how the car reacts for you at the track with the new suspension.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So am I. May be time to step up the N20 shot a little bit also.....

I got to order 2 more bottles.

Next weekend I am going to scale the car and confirm the pinion angle.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Some before/after pictures. I could drop the rear of the car alot more, I don't know, we will see. But the room for the tire is great, no more possibility of it rubbing in the 60' or down the track when the tire grows. Also lowered the front 1 inch.

Also forgot to mention: Before -- wheel was a 15X10. After, wheel is a 15X12.

BeforeAfterCar092013a.jpg~original

BeforeAfter092013b.jpg~original

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Paul - no concerns with lowering the front effecting the weight transfer on launch ?

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
As long as the car has a 1 inch rake or so, it shouldn't be a problem, especially with the strange drag shocks up front. The front end rises pretty easily, but they are adjustable if needed.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
gotcha - good deal - looking forward to the vids

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
YES please!

Love it. Are you happy with the BMR front springs?

Paul, I gotta say.....I would love to see the fronts tucked in a little more.

Would you be interested in a set of prototype A-Arms? I have (1) set [I have been saving for my next build....] - that I can offer to you at about $200 off retail pricing. They are adjustable, our latest version (arm body) - and will allow you to tuck the fronts in about 3/4" or so on each side. LMK!

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
YES please!

Love it. Are you happy with the BMR front springs?

Paul, I gotta say.....I would love to see the fronts tucked in a little more.

Would you be interested in a set of prototype A-Arms? I have (1) set [I have been saving for my next build....] - that I can offer to you at about $200 off retail pricing. They are adjustable, our latest version (arm body) - and will allow you to tuck the fronts in about 3/4" or so on each side. LMK!

Yeah I was looking at that. Do you have a crystal ball?

I already shaved off all of the spacer the bogarts had (as they were orginally designed to clear stock brakes) which brought them in about 1 inch, but I was thinking only a different A-Arm could bring them in more.

How will this affect alignment (do I need anything else?) or can I get the alignment close after I put them in?

Yes the BMR front springs were awesome---easy install, and dropped the car about 1 1/2 inches.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
And I expect them to work VERY well for you at the track (BMR front springs)

As for your alignment, you won't really change a whole lot - you will gain positive camber, and will need to address that via CC plates.

You may need to shorten the tie rods, OR modify the bumpsteer kit. All this, I can assist you with, you know that.

These arms are adjustable at the front pick-up / mounting point....and have slots on the rear, to move in or out. So, they can be moved inward to lessen track width, they can be slightly rotated for caster adjustment, and can be lengthened to gain negative camber (this is for road course guys)

Basically, the top of your front tires will be further outward than the bottoms (positive camber) - and you will need to move the top of the strut inward toward the engine - OR, what I do, is "slot" the strut holes. I like to modify/adjust camber at the lower portion of the strut. Since the shorter arm will bring the spindle closer to the center of the vehicle, you may bottom out your outer tie-rod ends....so you may need to trim off 1/2" to 3/4" off the tie rod threads. This is easy, thread a nut on....cut the end off, and remove the nut.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I'm off the clock, and tired. Going to hit the sack.

Call me tomorrow! Let's chat about it. Like I said, I will give you a good price - these arms were going to go on my next build, and the way things are going.....that build may not come before a new S550 Mustang does...

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok, I have a flaming river manual rack if that makes any difference.

I don't want to slot the strut holes just in case I turn the mustang back to stock........................haha just fuckin with yeah :wtf:

My question would be how much to slot them, and what would be the best way/tool to slot them with? Or should I just go with the plates.

Yeah--just shot me a picture of them tomorrow--I already have BMR A-Arms, but they are the stock length.

Suspension.jpg~original

Last edited:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Late to the party but dam Paul that bitch looks great!!!!

Thanks Matt! Where the hell have you been? Probably racing.

So to put a nice bow on this thread, best 60' so far with the set up is a 1.272 60', and plenty more where that came from when I step up the power. Just have to move in the front wheels now. I really like how the car sits over the 30 tall tires vs on top of them, with plenty of clearance. And that is with a 15X12 wheel.

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the 8.50's you have that car flying and looking mean as hell. I raced a bit this season but went through hell with transmissions this last year. Kept me out for the whole season pretty much and killed the love for it just a bit. Getting back in the groove this winter and doing everything that I have been thinking of.

I am with you on tucking the front. Mine are as far in as they can go on the stock length A-arm. I talked to Kelly awhile ago about a batch of .5 Inch shorter arms they had but I didn't jump on it back then. I really want that 1" extra tuck.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Exactly, they need to be about 1 inch shorter.

Since I have Strange drag brakes up front, I removed all of the spacer that the Bogarts had. It helped a lot, but they still need to go in more.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back