Mini tub S197

05mustang_TT_charged

Because Race Car!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Paul, I'm not going to lie... I'm fricken jealous as hell right now. I'm glad you conquered this as I will have a reference for when I do it. I've been having a struggle to take my car to the next level and I've been waiting on it for over three years. So I hate to get the next thing started before I get it back to enjoy it for a little while. Plans are still to go BBF with a big single in the future and will end up doing this when I do. Looks good man and I hope you get it sorted out quick and do not have any problems with it.

Misspelling compliments of Tapatalk

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok, I haven't decided on a ride height yet, but I know for sure I am going to lower the front about 1 to 1 1/2 inches. Then I will revisit the rear, to see if I want to go lower. There is actually more then enough room to go 31 tall if I ever wanted to. I can't believe these are the same tires that is in post 107.

Minitub0913a.jpg~original

RearMiniTub0913.jpg~original

minitub0913b.jpg~original

Yeah I know my workbench is cluttered and full of crap.

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The tires do look a but lost in the well now.

Looks good

07graygt

forum member
Reaction score
Man that looks awesome. I love the license plate with the chute coming out lol. Good job!!!

sbt1320

forum member
Reaction score
Looks awesome Paul
but to be clear I officially hate you.....you beat me to it.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
^^^you have a race car project going?

Well this weekend I did the bulkhead that separates the trunk from the passenger compartment. I have a new respect for metal fabrication, as it was a complete pain in the ass. It came out good though.

Because of the bars I had to cut 5 different pieces then put them in one by one and rivet them in. I went with T6061 aluminum that was .080 thick -- a little thicker then required but I want something strong between me and the fuel cell.

Ordered some BMR lowering springs for the front, should arrive soon and I will wrap this up next weekend. Pics to follow.

Here is me test fitting the first 3 pieces. The side pieces were the tough ones to get right, these weren't too bad. On a positive note, the rear seat cover is going to be pretty easy as I already have a template to go off of.

bulkhead1.jpg~original

Last edited:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
ok, final mock up--then paint, then rivet all the remaining pieces in. The rear seat cover was in fact pretty easy as I had a template to go off of--and the fact the 6061 aluminum is pretty easy to cut.

backseatdeletefinaltestfit.jpg~original

rearseatdeletecover.jpg~original

After this is done, just got to put back in the seat, the seat belts, mount the ignition box and dual bottle bracket for the NAWWZZZ, and then I will be ready to create dangerous pressure in the manifold.

Last edited:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looks good Paul

Yeah I think it will turn out looking pretty good once everything is painted black and I touch up the details. Can't wait to get back to the track. Fall weather will be here in another month or so.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looks great.

What was the weight before this round of mods and where do you think it will be at now?

I ran the car at two weights---3340 without n20 (with me in the car) and 3420 with me in the car, and N20 (two bottles + another battery).

I have no idea where this is going to shake out weight wise as alot was cut from the car, but alot was added. I will have to take it to the scales and see.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
WHAT UP BICTHES!!!

Finished the car this weekend. Here are some pictures:

Mustang09-22-2013h.jpg~original

Mustang09-22-2013f.jpg~original

Mustang09-22-2013J.jpg~original

Mustang09-22-2013o.jpg~original

Mustang09-22-2013N.jpg~original

Mustang09-22-2013L.jpg~original

Here are some suspension pictures. The bar that goes across from one side to the other centers the wheels. The top bar on the ladder bar adjusts the pinion angle. Pretty simple.

Mustang09-22-2013rearsuspension2.jpg~original

Mustang09-22-2013rearsuspension.jpg~original

32228-Laker-bros-deal-with-it-gif-Im-A2vJ.gif~original

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Very cool! Take it for a drive? Drive thru?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back