MIR track rental set for Oct 12!

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I didn't get free until about 4:30 and I figured you would already be gone. What all did you get done today?

Earl

Intake, GT 500 TB, fuel rails, SW LT's and off road X pipe are on; ran into an issue-imagine that-with the GT 500 TB and the coupler being as large as it is it would not fit onto the A2A piping; we found a piece of pipe that will work so I need to order a coupler and T bolt clamp from silicone intakes.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes MAP will be doing the work. I am changing around the breather setup, new cam covers with bungs welded in,

Covers.jpg

a few other things and getting a new tune. My car has lots of blow by due to Loyd building the engine very loose and the small breathers just weren't cutting it. I would blow the dipstick out of the tube on every pass.

Earl

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I know how you feel....never any fun blowing the dipstick out of the tube....LOL!!!!

Mike seems a lot more motivated-ssshhh.....can we say wife mod......there weren't a lot of cars up there, looks like he is getting better at getting them in/out but while I was there 2 possible new customers stopped by.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well that's good news. I am looking froward to seeing what she does with the new changes I'm making. Comp finally shipped my turbo back, they said an O ring failed and they installed all new bearings and such under warranty so I am happy about that. I was scheduled to go to Mike on Tuesday, as the turbo was supposed to be here last Wed. They said it fell through the cracks and didn't get shipped. It will be here on Wed so I have to install it and talk to Mike as to when I can bring the car to him.

Earl

rayS197

Reaction score
Yes MAP will be doing the work. I am changing around the breather setup, new cam covers with bungs welded in,

Covers.jpg

a few other things and getting a new tune. My car has lots of blow by due to Loyd building the engine very loose and the small breathers just weren't cutting it. I would blow the dipstick out of the tube on every pass.

Earl

:thumb:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Earl, now that your running oil-less turbo's and your engine having tighter tolerances you could put some thinner 5w20 oil back in, that may help some too.

Last edited:

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Cough cough....Greg sells Amsoil....cough cough 5w-20...cough cough...LOL!

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Huh....kind of reminds me of when we were at the track and Urist started his car and Earl and I had to hold onto the little kids to ensure they weren't sucked in!

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Earl, now that your running oil-less turbo's and your engine having tighter tolerances you could put some thinner 5w20 oil back in, that may help some too.

I run Amsoil 10W30 now and the problem is the engine tolerances aren't tight, that's why all the blow by. The turbo's haven't anything to do with that. The new Comp's just mean I don't have any oiling problems in the exhaust now.

Huh....kind of reminds me of when we were at the track and Urist started his car and Earl and I had to hold onto the little kids to ensure they weren't sucked in!
LOL :roflmao: That thing does suck in some air.

Earl

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back