Motor is gone

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
all that seems left to do is align pulleys. I shredded a belt so badly last night it was amazing. I actually stopped the engine in mid shred and the status pf the belt was incredible.

I am gonig to change the oil to 5w50, gt500 spec, and reisntallthe meziere pump and as long as i can figure out the pulley alignment i should be ok

I have to say the gates laser alignment tool is shit, useless, crap and completely wrong, even after aligning the pos 27 times.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok. finally got the laser worknig right.

Crank to AC - Perfect
Crank to PS - 1/2 rib off
Crank to blower - Perfect

Blower to Alt - Perfect
Blower to PS - 1 rib off
Blower to AC - Perfect

Alt to blower - perfect
Alt to PS - 1 rib off
Alt to AC - Perfect

Obviously the PS is off. Now last time we pulled the pulley out a small amount to align everything. Right now the PS pulley is flush with the pump and cannot go back any more. The laser says the pulley needs to go back more but from my experience last time this has got to be incorrect. pulling out away from being flush fixed it last time. how can pushing it in further be the fix this time, and if it is, how, cause its already bottomed out.

I took it for a drive and got on it a few times and shifted quickly to simulate what i would do at the track and all seems to be good, no noises or anything. Every now and then i do hear a slight squeal from a pulley, which has got to be the PS pulley but im not sure. Also there are no marks on the belt or belt dust either

As far as using the 5w50 oil, these are the pressures i see:

5w20:
Cold start - 85-90psi
Idle hot - 38-40psi
Load hot - 58-60psi

5w50:
Cold Start 85-90psi
Idle hot - 48-53psi
Load Hot - 78-84 psi

dustindu4

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Is there any clearance between the PS pulley and the pump? Can you recess the back side to move it in a little and still have clearance? This would have to be done by a pro on a lathe obviously

Last edited:

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Is there any clearance between the PS pulley and the pump? Can you recess the back side to move it in a little and still have clearance? This would have to be done by a pro on a lathe obviously

It is incredibly hard to take the pump out. almsot easier to pull the motor. it sucks balls which is exactly the reason when i took the motor apart i didnt remove it haha

Im still thinknig the laser is wrong in this though.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
well jsut took her out again

heres the story

Christina, the black Mustang, is back, and ALIVE and Kicking and just killed a Honda hatchback dragging Spongebob behind it. His excuse? the Spongebob doll created drag and slowed him down. That's a lot of drag to make up about 20 car lengths.

He actually said if he removed the 10" spongebob stuffed animal he could beat me hahahahahaha

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
well jsut took her out again

heres the story

Christina, the black Mustang, is back, and ALIVE and Kicking and just killed a Honda hatchback dragging Spongebob behind it. His excuse? the Spongebob doll created drag and slowed him down. That's a lot of drag to make up about 20 car lengths.

He actually said if he removed the 10" spongebob stuffed animal he could beat me hahahahahaha

awesome man,glad to hear your having some fun again.i had mine out last weekend around 1am,following a couple rsx's that were messing around.when i finally got up beside one he asked what i had done,i told him it was all stock,next light we just laughed,then i told him is was "mostly" stock.

dustindu4

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It is incredibly hard to take the pump out. almsot easier to pull the motor. it sucks balls which is exactly the reason when i took the motor apart i didnt remove it haha

Im still thinknig the laser is wrong in this though.

I mean you said you moved the pulley before. Can you remove the pulley and modify it so that it moves back more towards the pump

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I mean you said you moved the pulley before. Can you remove the pulley and modify it so that it moves back more towards the pump

no it is as far back as it can go on the shaft. even machined it cannot go back further but it doesnt matter. Im leaving it as is. I can shift at high rpm, can powershift, have no squealing anymore and it seems to be perfect. Its staying until im forced to do something haha

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's not good.........what's up?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back