Mustang beeping?

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
Noticed this noise right before leaving the house to get a log for Lito. I didn't hear it inside the car, but only noticed it because I went back inside to get my wallet. The car drove fine, and didn't seem to be making the noise when I got home.

At a few points (I didn't catch it on video) the noise went higher in pitch, then went back to the normal level. It was loud enough to hear inside the house with the garage door closed.

I tried looking under the hood to see where it was coming from, but opening the hood just drowned the sound out. I could hear it best with the hood closed.

Anyone know what it could be?

way2qk4u2c

forum member
Reaction score
If you send me money as a gift via PayPal I can help you out. If not as a gift then please add the 3% fee. Tia

Seriously I'm on the can taking a dump waiting for the video to load...

After it loaded and listened to it....sounds like a pulley, or intake noise.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
You sure there is not a Procharger hiding under your hood?

Take off the air filter and see if the noise is the same.

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
If you send me money as a gift via PayPal I can help you out. If not as a gift then please add the 3% fee. Tia
No! You must pay the PayPal fees!

Seriously I'm on the can taking a dump waiting for the video to load...

After it loaded and listened to it....sounds like a pulley, or intake noise.
It doesn't seem to be coming from either of those locations. Opening the hood drowns it out, too.

Not a pulley noise. Turbo noise? Resonance inside pipes? A longer video would be better
Definitely sounds like a resonance of some kind. Just not sure where. I'll try and get a longer video if it happens again.

Funny, the first thing that came to mind was the musical notes in "Close Encounters"

Nanobots?
I hope not.

cordless vacuum for sure
Yeah, it kinda has that sound.

Sounds like the fuel pump.. I assume you have a 'big honking' pump ??
That's what I was thinking, too. I have a triple Walbro 255lph setup. It's only made noise one other time, though. It was higher pitched, less loud, and could definitely be heard inside the car, from the backseat area.

Sounds like a ghost
Yeah, it's pretty creepy. Especially when it gets higher pitched.

You sure there is not a Procharger hiding under your hood?

Take off the air filter and see if the noise is the same.
No... no ProCharger. I guess I could take the filters off, but it's coming from nowhere near that area.

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
its only when the hood is closed?

edit: re-read
Just easier to hear with the hood closed, is all.

Sounds like the fan. Mine sounded like that when my dual fans were pushing instead of pulling.
My fans are stock, and I haven't touched the wiring on them. They came on when the car got up to the correct temp without any issue.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

nyuk98GT

Infrequent poster
Reaction score
Flapjack,

Just before you started to hear the beeping, did you, by chance, take advantage of recently passed Colorado legislation regarding recreational use of weed? Maybe Mrs. Flapjack gave you a special brownie (from the freezer stash) for dessert at lunch time? Just askin'....

Chris

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Flapjack,

Just before you started to hear the beeping, did you, by chance, take advantage of recently passed Colorado legislation regarding recreational use of weed? Maybe Mrs. Flapjack gave you a special brownie (from the freezer stash) for dessert at lunch time? Just askin'....

Chris
LOL!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back