Mustang Vs. Camaro Showdown at PBIR in South Florida

Chino

03 Mach 1 & 08 GT
Reaction score
We're going to be having a heads up match between the the local Mustang and Camaro club on August 12th at Palm Beach International Raceway during their Hot Rod/American Muscle Event. This will be broken down into Power adder and Bolt on's classes. Call out whoever you want or line up against someone you'd think would be a good match. Everything from stock to turbocharged cars are in this event so everyone is welcome.

Jared@Lethal Performance will be present with their 13'GT500:
lethal_2013_gt500_n2o_004.jpg

Redline Motorsports is tentative with their 9 sec ZL1:
ZL1-Burnout-photo.jpg

This is a chance to shut the other side up and have some fun! I'd love to have some S197forum guys out there, if not to race then support the Blue Oval. We have vehicles from several local shops including Power by the Hour, Revolution Performance and Torq coming to compete.

Gates open at 8am, racing starts at 9 and ends at 5. If you coming to spectate there is also a car show and marketplace. You can find more info on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/camarovsmustangsfl

Chino

03 Mach 1 & 08 GT
Reaction score
Bump!! We've got about 20 or so Mustangs heading out to this. Anybody else care to join?

V6 Class (Because 300+hp is no joke!)
Stock V8 Class (this should be interesting!)
Bolt Ons Class (No NOS is not a bolt on)
Power Adder Class (Including factory superchargers)
Big Boy Class (Sub 11 second)

If you arrive by 9am you will get a chance to have 2 runs to see how you are running (remember it's a HOT August day and you will probably run slower). We will start the official races at a time that will be announced that day. Everyone is responsible for setting up their own grudge race. If you do not have one set up we will set up one for you (as evenly matched as possible).

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
this should be cool... wish I lived closer

It will be. We have a large group of Camaro guys here in South Florida. Always flapping there gums. Chino and another local Mustang guy decided to put together this fun day. Sadly even after the races, the talk will only get worse. Just the nature of the interweb!

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
It will be. We have a large group of Camaro guys here in South Florida. Always flapping there gums. Chino and another local Mustang guy decided to put together this fun day. Sadly even after the races, the talk will only get worse. Just the nature of the interweb!

^^ sooo very true.

please make sure someone is getting some video for sure!!

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Full NHRA rules or outlaw???? :crazy: Sounds like a blast!

The track in question is actually IHRA sanctioned but very weak with rules and Tech. That will bite them in the Ass some day very hard.

What will be done for the camaro vs Mustang will just mainly be call outs and fun.

Chino

03 Mach 1 & 08 GT
Reaction score
Yes it was posted on Camaro5, we got together with the local Camaro club and they posted there.

No this is strictly grudge racing. Run what you brung and hope its enough.

SoFL05GT

forum member
Reaction score
I'll be racing that day. I'd love to get matched up with a factory fresh ZL1 and show him who's boss! :snoopy

IMG_6908-1.jpg

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
I wish I didn't have this damn arm, otherwise I could get some convalescent leave and head down for that! PBIR is the old Moroso right?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back