mutha thumprs

jsquared_25

forum member
Reaction score
I am curious if anyone in Houston that has mutha thumpr cams would be kind enough to let me hear their car in person? I am on the fence about what cams to get and these are at the top of the list. I have heard a ton of youtube videos, but everyone says they do not do the sound any justice. Appreciate it

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
please become familiar with all the sub forums and post appropriately

moved to regional

remainvayne

Reaction score
I have the Hot Rods and can vouch for that they don't get the credit they deserve through youtube. I know the thumprs are a little more aggressive, but you can't go wrong either way.

I will tell you the biggest aspect to these 2 cams that you MUST experience in person is actually sitting in the car at idle and feeling the car shake. I've spent $1000 on my stereo setup & haven't turned it on but 2 times since I've had the cams installed. My favorite mod by far.

Mach1Marauder

LARGE MEMBER
Reaction score
I am curious if anyone in Houston that has mutha thumpr cams would be kind enough to let me hear their car in person? I am on the fence about what cams to get and these are at the top of the list. I have heard a ton of youtube videos, but everyone says they do not do the sound any justice. Appreciate it

Get the Detroit Rockers. They offer far better drivability.

Franchi

Senior JR Member....
Reaction score
Hell, I should put up a new video now that I got longtubes put on past week. Sounds even better now! ( which I didn't think was possibly before but I was wrong. lol )

jsquared_25

forum member
Reaction score
I have the Hot Rods and can vouch for that they don't get the credit they deserve through youtube. I know the thumprs are a little more aggressive, but you can't go wrong either way.

I will tell you the biggest aspect to these 2 cams that you MUST experience in person is actually sitting in the car at idle and feeling the car shake. I've spent $1000 on my stereo setup & haven't turned it on but 2 times since I've had the cams installed. My favorite mod by far.

That is exactly why I would like to hear in person. I have yet to hear an 05-10 s197 cammed other than on the computer.

Get the Detroit Rockers. They offer far better drivability.

Thank you for your input, those cams are definitely on my list.

Hell, I should put up a new video now that I got longtubes put on past week. Sounds even better now! ( which I didn't think was possibly before but I was wrong. lol )

I would like to hear that sucker. What midpipe are you running with that setup? Do you think my setup would be too loud for a daily driver?

Last edited by a moderator:

chrisstang1

forum member
Reaction score
I love my mutha thumprs! They hit hard. I dont have any problems driving mine everyday.

Back