My custom 08 build

Discussion in 'Pimpin' It!' started by teeje, Jul 31, 2021.

1. BottleRocket

BottleRocket Junior Member

Hi. beautiful car. Did you or the original owner custom build those gorgeous door panels? I kind of have an idea how he built them. It looks like foam-backed vinyl with the stich then glued or wrapped around upholstery board? Very nice. Mine don't look that nice. They've already separated so I pulled them off after attempting to repair them several times. The 3M spray glue didn't.

2. teeje

teeje Member

The door panels came off a 2014 California special my friend. Everything on the car was done by me. Only thing the car had was a shorty antenna when I bought it haha.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

3. Aerofinz

Aerofinz Member

Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
  4. Travis Belair

Travis Belair Junior Member

Beautiful! I have the sagging fabric door panels so ripped them off and going to replace. Was the 2014 panel a direct fit of you have to customize quite a bit? Excuse my ignorance as I just got the car. Learning as I go and reading the forums
    Thanks

5. teeje

teeje Member

I wish I could meet the first owner and ask them some questions but I'll never find out

6. teeje

teeje Member

You have to cut off three locating tabs on the back of the door panels but other than that they fit. You just have to drill a couple holes for the new screw holes. Some line up but not all do

7. Aerofinz

Aerofinz Member

8. Travis Belair

Travis Belair Junior Member

9. dustyn83

dustyn83 Junior Member

That's an awesome car! Excellent work.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.